Wesnoth 1.11.15 (1.12 beta 5)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

iceiceice

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.15 (1.12 beta 5)

Post by iceiceice »

SkyOne wrote:This is not a huge issue, so I just post here:

- it seems error messages point out differently on 1.11.15...
Turuk wrote:I had the same thing happen to me last night.
I caused this one, I thought we had an uncaught exception at a place in the code and put in a rudimentary exception handler -- you should have still gotten error messages written to the console. But actually it wasn't uncaught, it was being caught by the gui popup window handler, and my commit just interfered with the intended handler much higher up in the callstack. Fortunately shadowm figured it out.

https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... 58b60e65d9

Thanks for reporting, it's a good thing that this problem was caught.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

shadowm wrote:...and the issue is now fixed for the next release...
iceiceice wrote:...it's a good thing that this problem was caught.
Thanks to shadowm for the fix and iceiceice for the explanation, it's nice to know the why sometimes.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Turuk wrote:
shadowm wrote:...and the issue is now fixed for the next release...
iceiceice wrote:...it's a good thing that this problem was caught.
Thanks to shadowm for the fix and iceiceice for the explanation, it's nice to know the why sometimes.
The same.
Glad to hear it helped. ^_^
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

In regard to the MMB scrolling, it would seem if you try to scroll from the edge of the screen it locks up. For instance if you were in the middle of a big map and tried to MMB starting from the edge it doesn't move. There are times where it just seems to lock up or it becomes very sludgy too, but that is harder to make happen on a regular basis.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I can not inspect long arrays in 1.11.15 (display scroll looks like have a max length) when using debug.

I use Windows on a pc.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Vanagandr

Post by Vanagandr »

The AI seems to ignore the new weapon special tag [disable] (sometimes at least). I made a test era with one unit which has one attack with [disable][/disable]. When I want to attack it says "no attacks available", however the AI attacks anyway. :inspecting shows that the AI's units all have the weapon special, however it doesn't seem to do anything.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

shadowm wrote:
tekelili wrote:I dont know if it is a bug or just expected behavior: In 1.11 server2 trying to host a game doesnt work at all, only in main server.
I may or may not have forgotten to rebuild the server binaries on server2 and server3 after the protocol changes in previous versions, so that is probably why you can’t host games there. I’ll try to get to it sometime this week.
I have just finished deploying the upgrades. Be sure to report back if you find any problems.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Edit: moved to Technical Support
Last edited by tekelili on June 19th, 2014, 2:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

When I play a scenario in a fresh install of 1.11.15 (tested DW scenario 1 and HttT scenario 1), once a unit moves it is invisible to me. If I hover over it, it will display accurate stats on the right bar (health, etc.) but it is invisible in the main screen. I did not encounter this on 1.11.12 (nor do I have .13 or .14, I could check those if you like). I am using the Windows build from the main page, and would be happy to provide a DxDiag or run any sort of test you like to provide more information. Sorry if this is a known issue, I did not see it in the OP.

While I'm at it, another minor issue: when I install, I direct user data to be saved in the My Games folder on Windows. 1.10 observes this. However, 1.11 does not. It loads the preferences file from the install directory.

EDIT: AI0867 tells me he's already fixed the invisible units bug in IRC :).
Coffee
Inactive Developer

Post by Coffee »

Crow_T wrote:In regard to the MMB scrolling, it would seem if you try to scroll from the edge of the screen it locks up. For instance if you were in the middle of a big map and tried to MMB starting from the edge it doesn't move. There are times where it just seems to lock up or it becomes very sludgy too, but that is harder to make happen on a regular basis.
Thanks for your input, but it is hard to know what can be done from this to make it work better for you. When the mouse is outside of the map portion of the screen, all clicks (left/right/middle) are not processed in the same way. This is how it has always been. I suspect what is happening is that on your tablet you are clicking in the menu portion or border portion of the screen and it won't accept input in the map (as expected). If it locks up then it might be missing an event and you should see this in the console output if you start the wesnoth executable from the command line and it can be fixed with the appropriate information.

The idea with the middle click change was that you can scroll with middle click from anywhere within the map (exactly like autoscroll in a web browser), instead of scrolling proportionally to the centre of the map which without an intuos tablet I'd find it hard that anyone could actually use. It's a pity that we had a lot of unrelated input bugs around the time that this change was introduced, because I wanted to ask outside of irc about how people felt about the change.

If you could give more specific feedback (that would work for a mouse as well as tablet) or maybe a short video capture that would be appreciated.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

(Windows build): Once you have issued a path to a unit that is longer than one turn, how can you cancel the remaining part of the path without:
1: Explicitly undoing the path (let's say you've had a fight since then)
or
2: Reloading a save with 'Cancel Orders' checked

You used to be able to do this by simply selecting the unit again, then deselecting it without issuing an order.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Jozrael wrote:(Windows build): Once you have issued a path to a unit that is longer than one turn, how can you cancel the remaining part of the path [...] You used to be able to do this by simply selecting the unit again, then deselecting it without issuing an order.
To my knowledge, this issue was fixed in this version, as mentioned in the announcement:
User interface fixes
Several fixes for UI regressions introduced in past 1.11.x releases are included in this version:
[...]
• Fixed clicking on units with scheduled multi-turn moves not unscheduling them (bug #21448 [Gna.org]).
You need to click on the unit twice, though, just like in 1.10.x.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
StandYourGround
Location: On a blue ball spinning through space at incomprehensible speed

Post by StandYourGround »

In Scepter of Fire - Searching for the Runecrafter, I've noticed that I can see the planned movements of the enemy AI just by hovering my cursor over them. This was most noticeable after finding Thursagan, and loading from a save.

Edit: Odd. I'm having trouble reproducing this again... Should have taken a screenshot

Double edit because double posts are not cool: Here is a reproducible bug. It seems that when Wolf Riders are on forest terrain, part of their sprite seems to disappear behind the trees after an attack animation. Screenshot below.

I will now resume lurking silently.
The_Afterman

Post by The_Afterman »

Just noticed that Valve, Blizzard, and Team Wesnoth all have something in common. :augh:
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Most of transitions castle-cave wall are wrong. Sorry for not do a complete report, there are lot of castle types and wall types. I attach an example.
castle_to_wall.png
castle_to_wall.png (113.01 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
Edit: As feature wish, would be nice this transition would work (really useful for random map gneration)
double-volcano-transition.png
double-volcano-transition.png (157.75 KiB) Viewed 8448 times
World Conquest II