No shortcuts v1.11.10 and tar.g2z

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dindoz

No shortcuts v1.11.10 and tar.g2z

Post by Dindoz »

Hi,

I finished to compil the v 1.11.10 for ubuntu 13.10, its was a very long night ! Everything look right except that I dont have any shortscuts in the ubuntu center.

Few hours ago I found a comment in a file that say I need to do something with .desktop for have the shortcuts. To be honest I havent understand anything about this comment and since I woke up I m unable to find this damn comment....

Its was very frustrating but funny at the end for me to compil TBfW Im stll a newb :eng:

I would like to make a auto_extract archive for other ubuntu 13.10 user"s, but I dont know how to do they are many trash file that need to be removed and a lot à file have my username in some path.
I m asking if made a script for replace all username by a global var should be a good idea for start the package.
Computer : Clevo w310cz Os : Ubuntu 13.10 TBoW : 11.11.11
Sorry for my poor english I do my best.
AI
Developer

Re: No shortcuts v1.11.10 and tar.g2z

Post by AI »

In /icons, there's wesnoth.desktop and wesnoth_editor.desktop. Dropping or linking these into /usr/local/share/applications will create your shortcuts for you.

As for packaging, on a linux distro, the preferred method is not a self-extracting archive, but a distro-specific package, so a .deb for debian and ubuntu and the like. Rhonda maintains a PPA for wesnoth: https://launchpad.net/~rhonda/+archive/wesnoth-devel
Dindoz

Re: No shortcuts v1.11.10 and tar.g2z

Post by Dindoz »

Thank you :)
Computer : Clevo w310cz Os : Ubuntu 13.10 TBoW : 11.11.11
Sorry for my poor english I do my best.