Wesnoth 1.11.8 Windows installation issue

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Wesnoth 1.11.8 Windows installation issue

Post by Paulomat4 »

So, I tried to install 1.11.8 for windows. (I'm on windows xp)

somehow everytime I try to install it, the installation get's stuck after unpacking the core data.( maybe also a bit later) I seem to get different error messages, each time I try it again. Here the most recent one:
Attachments
Sans titre.JPG
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Dugi

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by Dugi »

Just a wild guess, do you have enough space on the disk? Error while writing file is usually related to access rights problem (very unlikely in this case), or full disk.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8 Windows installation issue

Post by Paulomat4 »

Yeah, I cleared 1.11.7 before extra and had like 600 mb of free space
thx for separating this from the main thread by the way

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Max

Post by Max »

if you happen to have 7z installed - it can extract all files from the installer to a directory (right click context menu) - does this work?

600mb free space might be quite close. not sure, but the installer might create temp files, etc...
can you check the free space once the error message shows up?
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I got it to run. I had to deinstall 1.10 and then it worked. Must have been because of the missing space. Still I had more than what was being in the description. It would be nice to know, how much space you really need (at least during the installation) instead of the space that is taken afterwards.
Max wrote:if you happen to have 7z installed - it can extract all files from the installer to a directory (right click context menu) - does this work?
I tried, and 7z extracted some files, but the files weren't in the right directories, there were other folders so no it didn't work

Max

Post by Max »

it was just meant as a test to rule out any weird installer issues...