Wesnoth 1.11.8

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

User avatar
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 720
Joined: October 16th, 2012, 3:32 pm
Location: Wesmere library, probably summoning Zhangor

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by Paulomat4 »

having installed it I first modified the settings.
First I set it to fullscreen, and then I set the resolution to 1280x1024 (5:4) and this little bug happened:
Attachments
s.JPG
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl

User avatar
ChaosRider
Posts: 846
Joined: April 15th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by ChaosRider »

How its with leadership in this version? Is it still works only for units from same side as unit which have this ability, or is it works for teammates units too?
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.

User avatar
bumbadadabum
Developer
Posts: 1005
Joined: March 20th, 2008, 5:54 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by bumbadadabum »

ChaosRider wrote:How its with leadership in this version? Is it still works only for units from same side as unit which have this ability, or is it works for teammates units too?
Only works for units on the same side, as it always used to.

User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4955
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by Dugi »

Paulomat4 wrote:having installed it I first modified the settings.
First I set it to fullscreen, and then I set the resolution to 1280x1024 (5:4) and this little bug happened:
I've seen this happen a lot of times, I think it happens always when you change resolution, the background goes black and is restored when you close the settings windows. I believe it is because the screen picture and buttons are rendered only once, and aren't re-rendered while you have a window open over it (also, if you open a GUI window while playing, all animations stop).

oibaf
Posts: 9
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 10:31 am

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by oibaf »

Why didn't you choose lzma/xz rather than bzip2? It is both faster (especially when decompressing) and has a better compression ratio.

User avatar
Unnheulu
Posts: 738
Joined: November 25th, 2007, 4:50 pm
Location: Cymru
Contact:

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by Unnheulu »

Haven't tried this yet, but just want to say that the change summary both sounds awesome and is an awesome addition to the release thread!

macabeus_br
Code Contributor
Posts: 14
Joined: March 28th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by macabeus_br »

In the images of the topic displays the image of the period of the day, but here it does not show ... Programmed to hide when this low resolution?
In this case, I did not like because it is difficult to know the exact period, hampering strategies. Having only a percentage of the current below the flag amendment is bad.

It's just my opinion, but did not like the "End Turn" button. He jumped this much.


Except these two details, like the other changes =)

User avatar
Turuk
Sithslayer
Posts: 5283
Joined: February 28th, 2007, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by Turuk »

KeplerBR wrote:In the images of the topic displays the image of the period of the day, but here it does not show ... Programmed to hide when this low resolution?
In this case, I did not like because it is difficult to know the exact period, hampering strategies. Having only a percentage of the current below the flag amendment is bad.
What resolution are you playing at that you see this occur?
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time

techtonik
Posts: 30
Joined: February 28th, 2008, 7:57 pm

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by techtonik »

JFYI, update from 1.11.7 to 1.11.8 with some comments
is here:

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39880

User avatar
Pentarctagon
Project Manager
Posts: 4361
Joined: March 22nd, 2009, 10:50 pm
Location: Earth (occasionally)

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by Pentarctagon »

This isn't a 1.11.8 issue per se as it's been around for longer, but is the void supposed to be so reddish in the map previews?
Attachments
New Picture (2).png
New Picture (2).png (25.09 KiB) Viewed 4218 times
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code

macabeus_br
Code Contributor
Posts: 14
Joined: March 28th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by macabeus_br »

Turuk wrote:
KeplerBR wrote:In the images of the topic displays the image of the period of the day, but here it does not show ... Programmed to hide when this low resolution?
In this case, I did not like because it is difficult to know the exact period, hampering strategies. Having only a percentage of the current below the flag amendment is bad.
What resolution are you playing at that you see this occur?
1024x600

User avatar
Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular
Posts: 1153
Joined: May 24th, 2010, 5:26 pm
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.
Contact:

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I dislike the new mini-map. The variety of colours do not give players any chance of differentiating the terrains, but rather confuses them. Well, at least, that is what I can deduce at a glance. As for the rest, right on! 8)

User avatar
Turuk
Sithslayer
Posts: 5283
Joined: February 28th, 2007, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by Turuk »

Two birds with one stone.
KeplerBR wrote:1024x600
I don't see that in the list of supported resolutions to choose from, so I tried at both 800x600 and 1024x768. In the screenshot below, the TOD image was still displayed.
Lord-Knightmare wrote:I dislike the new mini-map. The variety of colours do not give players any chance of differentiating the terrains, but rather confuses them. Well, at least, that is what I can deduce at a glance. As for the rest, right on! 8)
I am right there with you, but you can toggle the mini-map display with the button on the far right, rendering it in the old style.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-16 at 1.55.17 PM.png
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time

anthonymichael
Posts: 1
Joined: July 31st, 2013, 8:47 pm

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by anthonymichael »

Ok, just installed and trying out the new control interface; so far it's taking some getting used to (but as a long-time player, that's no surprise...)

one thing I noticed; the tutorial hasn't been updated to reflect the new UI; it says things like 'left click to move here' - the tutorial text will need to dynamically adapt in all translations to reflect the new UI controls

User avatar
Turuk
Sithslayer
Posts: 5283
Joined: February 28th, 2007, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.8

Post by Turuk »

anthonymichael wrote:Ok, just installed and trying out the new control interface; so far it's taking some getting used to (but as a long-time player, that's no surprise...)

one thing I noticed; the tutorial hasn't been updated to reflect the new UI; it says things like 'left click to move here' - the tutorial text will need to dynamically adapt in all translations to reflect the new UI controls
Thanks for the input anthonymichael. The control scheme is going to be changed back with the old style as the default again in the next release, with an option for the player to choose the new experimental scheme. The tutorial was an area that was overlooked, and will be updated for the player to learn the proper controls.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time

Locked