Wesnoth with android

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Woodinator

Wesnoth with android

Post by Woodinator »

Hi,
I didn t play wesnoth since some years so i ve some questions...
Can i play with my android tablet against someone with a pc version?
In the google play store, there is 4 wesnoth in the shop (2 free and 1 for euro and 1 for 2,.. euros)... which one should 7 choose and what s the difference between those 2 wesnoth ( not free)?
Thanks for reply,
Wood

Sorry for my english, i m french ;-)
lipk

Re: Wesnoth with android

Post by lipk »

Hello,
In the google play store, there is 4 wesnoth in the shop (2 free and 1 for euro and 1 for 2,.. euros)... which one should 7 choose and what s the difference between those 2 wesnoth ( not free)?
Practically, there are only two version, one by cjhopman (the 2 euros one) and one by alep, both of them are paid with a free demo. alep's work is more up-to-date, and as far as I know, it's also better maintained. However, I haven't ever tried any of them, so no idea about quality.
Can i play with my android tablet against someone with a pc version?
Yes, you can, as long as you use the same release. cjhopman's port is based on Wesnoth 1.8, the other one is based on Wesnoth 1.10.

We have a thread for Android stuff, by the way.
Woodinator

Post by Woodinator »

Ok i understand. In google store i saw: 1 euro by alessandro pira and 2,99 euros by androth softworks. But the last one is the cheaper ( strange ). Could you confirm that i pira's game is the alep's one please?
thank you a lot, i d like to learn that nice game to my son :-)
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

yes, the version by alessandro pira is the one by alep. If you want to test, which one to download, just try the free versions.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Woodinator

Post by Woodinator »

He said unofficial game but i need this one cause of it s the one up to date...
Thx guys
Woodinator

Post by Woodinator »

Well, i installed the alep's free to test it, but i can t read anything at start: there is a lot of little square for each letter... i tryed to force the smallest config but anything changed. Is it normal, is there a tip?
In multiplayer room i can read everybody, it s only characters in first windows and sentence in tutorial.
Thx again
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

try to contact him on the forums, i also believe the official thread should be lurking around somewhere here. try using the forum search for "official android support thread" It's both for cjohpman's and aleps port.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Woodinator

Post by Woodinator »

Ok i ll go in, thanks