Battle for Wesnoth now on Desura!

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gambit
Loose Screw

Battle for Wesnoth now on Desura!

Post by Gambit »

You can now find Battle for Wesnoth on Desura.com. For now only a Windows version. I am still working on creating a Linux package that will work for "everyone".

The big benefit is the patching system. You no longer have to redownload 300mb every time there's an update to the game. The downside is the slight delay in getting those new versions. Once the Windows package is released for a new version, I have to download and install it. Then upload it to Desura. And then they have to download, test, and approve it. That last step can take a few days, especially if it falls on a weekend.
lipk

Re: Battle for Wesnoth now on Desura!

Post by lipk »

Is this going to be for the stable branch only, or dev releases too?

And I think the "official trailer" should be less blurry...
wolkenwand

Post by wolkenwand »

I just installed wesnoth via desura and the version is still 1.10.4 are the wesnoth in desura still maintained?
makson

Post by makson »

Dear sir,
I would like to help you with releasing Wesnoth on Desura for Linux. I have no problem with compiling binaries, so please tell me what can I do for you.
Best regards,
makson
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I need to statically link pretty much everything. I had a test build that Desura they never approved, and I just got tired of waiting and tired of nagging them every time I had a new thing to test.

Alternatively I have to ship most of the dependencies with it. A less optimal solution...

I'll try again some time soon.
makson

Post by makson »

Great to hear that. I hope that you will not encounter any further problems.
Best regards,