Wesnoth 1.9.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Wesnoth 1.9.0

Post by doofus-01 »

thespaceinvader wrote:It's about adding some life to the map.
The maps are full of life, even without dancing saurians my computer is lagging. It is nice that you can turn on/off terrain and idle animations independently, though that idea could go further.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Bad_Dog

Post by Bad_Dog »

I found a bug: after resizing a window (Win7, at least) the menu buttons disappear. "End turn," "Menu," "Actions"
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well... I don't say that awesome because it need 2 very important bug fixes!!
Spoiler:
I tried to connect to oficial server and I got the error of up. I tried to connect to the alternative server 2 and I got the error of down.

I'm using Windows xp. So windows version needs atleast a very important bug fix.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Well of course there are bugs. They're to be expected. It's a development release, not a stable release.
Nevertheless, report any you find, so they can get fixed.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

I suppose you've read this (in the first post)?
ivanovic wrote: Known Issues (to be fixed in the next release)
  • It is currently not possible to connect to the official multiplayer server using Join official server (this currently leads to the game crashing). Instead you have to click on Join server and enter server.wesnoth.org:14997 in there. Reported as bug #16502 [Gna.org]
  • Uploading add-ons via the in-game interface causes the game crash. As workaround, use the python tool wesnoth_addon_manager from data/tools/. Reported as bug #16474 [Gna.org].
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

About the workaround part: How do I use it?

And 1.9.0 is awesome!
Especially the new terrains, which make the game more realistic
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
norbert

Post by norbert »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:About the workaround part: How do I use it?
  1. Click the "Multiplayer" button
  2. Select "Connect to Server"
  3. Click the "OK" button
  4. Enter in the text box (after "Server:"): server.wesnoth.org:14997
  5. Click the "Connect" button
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

@norbert: Thank You Very Much!

And I have a problem to report:
Most terrains are in wrongly or insufficiently placed groups like the desert castle and keep which are in castle group only and not desert group or the snow orcish keep in castle only not frozen group, etc.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:Most terrains are in wrongly or insufficiently placed groups like the desert castle and keep which are in castle group only and not desert group or the snow orcish keep in castle only not frozen group, etc.
I fixed those those.
But three out of 170 isn't "most". What else?
"... etc." doesn't make a very helpful report.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Captain_Wrathbow

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a number to compare the amount of terrains that were in 1.8 to those in 1.9? I'm wondering just how many it actual was that were added...
norbert

Post by norbert »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:[...] the amount of terrains that were in 1.8 to those in 1.9?
It depends on what exactly you mean, but if we keep it simple and just count the number of terrains in 'all' for 1.8.4 and for 1.9.0, the difference is 37. :P See the attached image.
(I try to keep these images relatively small to make sure all the attachments I add to posts don't take up too much hard disk space. :whistle:)
Attachments
Terrain comparison between 1.8.4 and 1.9.0.
Terrain comparison between 1.8.4 and 1.9.0.
StevenAus

Post by StevenAus »

Will it be possible in the 1.9 series of Wesnoth to set a custom cost for recalling troops, based on characteristics of that troop? Such as unit type, Current XP, Max XP, specific Traits, special attacks (such as Moremirmu in HttT, 1.9 hidden attacks) etc.? This would be great for to-ing and fro-ing of wins and losses of interconnected multiplayer campaigns :) as well as extra options for SP campaign map-makers to add that neat touch to their campaigns. :wink:

Will this sort of thing be possible, either directly as an option or through custom WML? :D

Best regards,
Steven.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment Is My Name And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.
Captain_Wrathbow

Recall cost is 20 gold, as always. That's not going to change.
It's always been possible to do something like that through WML, though. (i.e. whenever a unit is recalled, subtract more gold or refund some to "adjust" the cost.)
StevenAus

Post by StevenAus »

What about if you want to require the player have enough gold to afford an increased cost, or require less than 20 gold for a decreased cost - can that be done cleanly with current WML commands (ie. without having to check every recall and make specific dialogs for every recall requirement)? :) AFAIK when you don't have at least +20 Gold you can't recall (so if you took extra off you would have negative gold, or you added extra you would require more gold than the <20 Gold Cost of recalling a specific weaker/cheaper unit). :)

Best regards,
Steven.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment Is My Name And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Try (untested)
:debug
:lua wesnoth.game_config.recall_cost = 10
to set recall cost to 10. No easy type-specificness etc though. Strategy could be a prerecall event with a lua code checking for the stuff which the cost shall depend on and then use the above command accordingly. It may be that the gold is already subtracted at that point though. So maybe it's no better than Wrathbow's suggestion.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign