Configuring hotkeys with GUI

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sofronius

Configuring hotkeys with GUI

Post by Sofronius »

I have added some code to CVS so configuring hotkeys with GUI is possible.

This feature wil be probably seldom used by most of you, but I will be happy if it can be tested also by other people than me before next release.

So please, when you update from CVS next time, try to customize hotkeys, try to use all your favourite hotkey combinations (ctrl-alt-del etc. :wink: ) and report if your computer behaves as expected and let me know if anything should be repaired or added.

Thanks in advance.
arael

Post by arael »

It's tottaly screwd up ... :)

Setting appends to file so it's getting larger and larger. After game restart all setting are lost ...

I'm new, but I love this game and I'm using hotkeys all the time. I know that you can correct this. Please ...
Arael

Post by Arael »

BTW

Default configuration isn't cool. If anyone want to use hotkeys he will probably set all needed keys next to each other.

I'm using:
q - next turn
w - recall
e - repeat recruit
r - recruit
t - end unit turn
a - leader
s - description
d - resists
f - terrain
g - full screen
space - cycle unit

This way I'm playing muuuch faster and I don't think "This feature will be probably seldom used by most of you". It's key-feature. Thank you for creating it.
Sofronius

Post by Sofronius »

Thanks for report. The bad thing is that I am not able to reproduce (or to notice) reported behavior.
arael wrote:
Setting appends to file so it's getting larger and larger.
Which file ?
arael wrote: After game restart all setting are lost ...

I'm new, but I love this game and I'm using hotkeys all the time. I know that you can correct this. Please ...
Have you pressed "Save Hotkeys" button (yes, that's stupid question, I know, but just to be sure :wink: ) ? Which release and which OS you use ? Again, thanks in advance for more info.
arael

Post by arael »

file: ~/.wesnoth/preferences

yes :) I was using this button maaaaany times and in many ways

release? Redhat 9 first I was using compiled from tar.gz 0.6.1-1 and after reporting this bug I downloaded CVS version and it behave the same

If you want you can conntact me by mail or jabber
mail: arael@NOFSPAM.chrome.pl
jabber id: arael@NOFSPAM.chrome.pl

I can send you my preferences file and help. I want this feature so much and as fast as I can.
Sofronius

Post by Sofronius »

:oops: it was my mistake :oops:

Now I have downloaded from CVS and recompiled properly again and I see that you are right, configuring hotkeys via GUI is working no longer. I have to leave town just now (my train would not wait) and I'll be offline till Monday evening, then I will be able to repair it, if Dave would not fix it before, you can help yourself by manually editing hotkey configuration in language file.
arael

Post by arael »

I'm gonna be fine - simple source bad-looking hacks or manual edition are my friends. Thanks for listening.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I have just committed a change which will fix this.
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming