Wesnoth 1.6.1

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

loonycyborg
Windows Packager

Re: Wesnoth 1.6.1

Post by loonycyborg »

Gankenstein wrote:What would be the best way to upgrade from 1.6.0a to 1.6.1 on a Win32 (XP) Box? Here's what I did, in case somebody wants to add it (or an improved version) to a FAQ

My install was/is "for all users" with user files placed in Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.6
- I uninstalled 1.6.0a using the uninstall shortcut.
- This removed the contents of the Battle for Wesnoth 1.6 folder in Program Files except for stderr.txt
- User files did not seem to be deleted, at least the save games weren't
- Manually deleted user files (except savegames) to avoid possible settings issues between versions
- installed 1.6.1 to the default dir (Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.6)
Yes. That would be safest way. Not sure whether cleaning user setting is really required. userdata breaking features are unlikely to be added in stable releases.
"meh." - zookeeper
Gankenstein

Post by Gankenstein »

Thanks, loonycyborg!
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

1.6.1 MS windows link is broken, can someone re-upload it.?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I just checked it and it worked fine, did you try downloading it a second time? It links straight to sourceforge.net and starts downloading.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Sometimes SF can be a bit buggy, though, i've found, and downloads don't always start perfectly - hard refresh the page (Ctrl+F5) and it should kick it into action.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.