Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.
Yes. That would be safest way. Not sure whether cleaning user setting is really required. userdata breaking features are unlikely to be added in stable releases.Gankenstein wrote:What would be the best way to upgrade from 1.6.0a to 1.6.1 on a Win32 (XP) Box? Here's what I did, in case somebody wants to add it (or an improved version) to a FAQ
My install was/is "for all users" with user files placed in Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.6
- I uninstalled 1.6.0a using the uninstall shortcut.
- This removed the contents of the Battle for Wesnoth 1.6 folder in Program Files except for stderr.txt
- User files did not seem to be deleted, at least the save games weren't
- Manually deleted user files (except savegames) to avoid possible settings issues between versions
- installed 1.6.1 to the default dir (Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.6)
"meh." - zookeeper
I just checked it and it worked fine, did you try downloading it a second time? It links straight to sourceforge.net and starts downloading.
- Retired Art Director
- Posts: 8414
- Joined: August 25th, 2007, 10:12 am
- Location: Oxford, UK
Sometimes SF can be a bit buggy, though, i've found, and downloads don't always start perfectly - hard refresh the page (Ctrl+F5) and it should kick it into action.