Version 0.5.1

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

miyo

Version 0.5.1

Post by miyo »

Greetings,

The source code can be downloaded from http://www.wesnoth.org/files/wesnoth-0.5.1.tar.gz

Binaries can be downloaded from http://www.ventu.info/wesnoth/?WesnothBinaries (There is only a binary for Windows at the time of writing).

server.wesnoth.org has already been updated, client is required to be version 0.5.1.

I have submitted announcement to happypenguin.com, other announcements have been left to other people. If you do announce version 0.5.1 in some web-site please post about it to this forum and thread so we don't do duplicate submits/posts.

- Miyo

Changelog:
* more and improved unit graphics and animations
* added show_ai_moves and show_combat options for preferences file
* in 'Valley of Death' Li'Sar now arrives with Spearmen instead Swordsmen
* renamed Soldier to Spearman
* made it so shroud displays properly on the minimap
* added support for UTF-8
* extensive changes to the way event handling works
* make multiplayer lobby look better
* made advancement of units on a remote machine random
* made display draw more efficiently
* made it so AI players have an empty description in multiplayer games
* added in some additional assertion checks
* made some templated code more portable across compilers
* fixed problem with AI attacking units not always advancing levels
* map file format is now correctly oriented
* 'flags' to show which side unit is on
Last edited by miyo on November 10th, 2003, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
miyo

Post by miyo »

Dave is away for few days.

- Miyo

Post by Guest »

I am playing through 051 from the beginning to get a feel for the changes and noticed the changed maps it chooses (or I guess they are just rotated) and it's pretty good. However on the blackwater port scenario there are some units out of place.

First there are two soldiers who show up near the top where the orc starts, maybe they are supposed to be there but they look like the wizards guards and are about where they used to be (not to mention making it entirely too easy because they tie up the ocses the moment they come out of the gate).

Secondly, at the end of the scenarion the boat comes on and sails over the sea to the land nowhere near the docks, then continues on through some fields and into a forest.

Hmm and when you get to anduin (is it flipped?) it sails right past the ork onto the land again. Nifty Boat
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Which OS are you playing on? Where'd you get the installation package from? Are you sure you overwrote your old data files and recompiled the program properly?

It sounds very much like you are playing a game using the new executable with old data files (or old executable with new data files).

David

Post by Guest »

It may be that I started game.exe rather than wesnoth.exe but when I loaded a save game it asked me about varient version and played fine, I saw this behaivior starting a campaign from scratch.

Just restarted a campaign from scratch again using wesnoth and not seeing the changed starting map or other stuff.