Wesnoth 1.5.6

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

loonycyborg
Windows Packager

Re: Wesnoth 1.5.6

Post by loonycyborg »

beetlenaut wrote:I
I managed to get it to compile (and it seems to be working) by deleting the -Werror option from the main Makefile and src/Makefile.
The Right Way would be to pass --disable-strict-compilation to ./configure :)
"meh." - zookeeper
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

loonycyborg wrote:The Right Way would be to pass --disable-strict-compilation to ./configure
OK. Thanks. I didn't find that in my googling. The note in configure --help mentions that you can --disable-FEATURE, but that's hardly helpful if you don't know what features are available!

If BfW no longer compiles without that option, something should probably be changed. Maybe it's my system, but I just installed openSUSE 11.1, so it's pretty standard. (Is gcc 4.3.2 more strict than earlier versions?)
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
loonycyborg
Windows Packager

Post by loonycyborg »

beetlenaut wrote:The note in configure --help mentions that you can --disable-FEATURE, but that's hardly helpful if you don't know what features are available!
./configure --help expicitly mentions --disable-strict-compilation. Try running

Code: Select all

./configure --help | grep \\--disable-strict-compilation
and you'll see.
If BfW no longer compiles without that option, something should probably be changed. Maybe it's my system, but I just installed openSUSE 11.1, so it's pretty standard. (Is gcc 4.3.2 more strict than earlier versions?)
Some developers use gcc 4.3.2 so it's likely fixed in 1.5.7
(Is gcc 4.3.2 more strict than earlier versions?)
Yes.
"meh." - zookeeper
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Does openSUSE 11.1 use Python 2.6?
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

So I just downloaded 1.5.7 and noticed that the uninstaller for 1.5.6 doesn't do anything, maybe because I didn't install in the default directory. Is that something anyone would like to check? I mean, there is nothing to uninstall anyway IIRC, simply deleting the folder does kill all the files doesn't it?

Oh, yeah, so of course I'm talking of windows XP.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
loonycyborg
Windows Packager

Post by loonycyborg »

HomerJ wrote:So I just downloaded 1.5.7 and noticed that the uninstaller for 1.5.6 doesn't do anything, maybe because I didn't install in the default directory.
Installing to different dir shouldn't make difference since it records install location to registry. Perhaps you copied your installation manually?
there is nothing to uninstall anyway IIRC, simply deleting the folder does kill all the files doesn't it?
Yes. With the exception of registry keys and start menu entries which likely be overwritten by 1.5.7 installer..
"meh." - zookeeper
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

loonycyborg wrote:
HomerJ wrote:So I just downloaded 1.5.7 and noticed that the uninstaller for 1.5.6 doesn't do anything, maybe because I didn't install in the default directory.
Installing to different dir shouldn't make difference since it records install location to registry. Perhaps you copied your installation manually?
That might be the case.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

SkeletonCrew wrote:Does openSUSE 11.1 use Python 2.6?
Yes. Is that related to the problem I had?
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide