Wesnoth 1.5.5

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thanatos

Re: Wesnoth 1.5.5

Post by Thanatos »

Why is this new feature not listed in any of the changelogs? If this works it would be important enough to list it there... And I love the idea of checking against forum-accounts. Simple and reliable.

And is there a chance this feature might be backported to the 1.4 branch?

grrr wrote:Another new feature: user accounts. Yep, you heard right - no more nick stealing!

How it works
Wesnoth MP authentificates against the forum's user accounts. Once you try to login with a registered nick you have to supply the same nick/password you would use to login to the forums. Also, to register a new nick, you have to go to the forums and register an account. Once your registration has been confirmed you can use your nick in Wesnoth MP. Have fun!
ThanatoNoth | Necromanteion | Undead Rights Protection Society
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Thanatos wrote:And is there a chance this feature might be backported to the 1.4 branch?
Since it needs client side changes as well, no.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Friker

Errors during compiling

Post by Friker »

Hello,

did someone notice there is missing ';' token at the end of line 266 in src/leader_list.cpp?
second question: i have some errors during installing - something with installing man pages & unable to set local variables. Does anyone know whats the problem?
ilor
Inactive Developer

Re: Errors during compiling

Post by ilor »

Friker wrote:Hello,

did someone notice there is missing ';' token at the end of line 266 in src/leader_list.cpp?
good catch, fixed. (it was only in LOW_MEM which sort-of explains why it wasn't noticed)
Friker

Post by Friker »

ok the second error - installing man files - there are not some wesnoth.6 files in ./doc/man/$lang/ and ./doc/man/Makefile attempts to install them so logical error - usr/bin/install: ./$lang/wesnoth.6 - No such file or directory - can be fixed by editing Makefile manually - comment both 'am__append_1 = wesnoth.6' and 'am__append_2 = wesnothd.6' lines (for me works with am_append_2 fine..)

maybe this error appears only on my machine.. (maybe your makefile will not be trying to install missing wesnoth.6 files)
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

It is something really strange about the missing man pages. Most machines just ignore them, basically handling them like some warning, which is completely the way it is intended. On the other hand others see it as fatal error and abort, what they really should not do. No idea how to satisfy all systems...
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

grrr wrote:Another new feature: user accounts. Yep, you heard right - no more nick stealing!

How it works
Wesnoth MP authentificates against the forum's user accounts. Once you try to login with a registered nick you have to supply the same nick/password you would use to login to the forums. Also, to register a new nick, you have to go to the forums and register an account. Once your registration has been confirmed you can use your nick in Wesnoth MP. Have fun!
Nice. Now, is there any chance that the server will allow all names allowed on the forum? Mine currently isn't. Should I make a request for this?
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Ken Oh wrote:

How it works
Nice. Now, is there any chance that the server will allow all names allowed on the forum?
I'm afraid not. Unless someone else reviews all places where usernames are used and provides a patch. Especially allowing spaces would make a lot of things more complicated...
We'll have to look into making (new) forum names as restricted as usernames on the MP server some time though.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

OK, that sounds good. I'll see what I can do about getting an underscore in my forum name after it all happens.