0.5-CVS Aborted

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Norvell

0.5-CVS Aborted

Post by Norvell »

While playing the CVS from 2003.11.06 22:47 UTC, BfW gave up and gave me this error in my terminal:

wesnoth: src/actions.cpp:889: size_t move_unit(display*, const gamemap&, unit_map&, std::vector<team, std::allocator<team> >&, const std::vector<gamemap::location, std::allocator<gamemap::location> >&, replay*, undo_list*): Assertion `steps.size() <= route.size()' failed.
Aborted

I had just told an elvish archer where to go and he had started when the error occurred.

Oh: Should the version show 0.5-CVS or 0.5.1-CVS in the lower-left opening screen?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Question: do you have a recent saved game from which you can reproduce the steps to the error? If so it would be very useful.

(note that this may include the Auto-save which is saved every turn)

David
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay this should be fixed now. Thanks for the bug report, you've helped me track down what was probably the worst bug in CVS :)

David
Norvell

Post by Norvell »

Dave wrote:Okay this should be fixed now. Thanks for the bug report, you've helped me track down what was probably the worst bug in CVS :)

David
You're welcome---although I didn't have a chance to send in the save file. I hadn't checked the forums for hours.