Unofficial 1.4.2 for Mac OS X

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Unofficial 1.4.2 for Mac OS X

Post by anakayub »

I've just compiled this yesterday, is it okay if I host this on an external filehosting website? I'm thinking of using FileFactory. It is a Universal Binary, on XCode 3.0 with a "modified" 10.5 SDK. This works fine on my machine, but there is no way to test on PPC or Mac OS <10.5 (I've only 1 working computer.

If any of the developers think it's okay (especially regarding safety I think) while waiting for the official build by ullissesroc, I'll upload this as soon as possible (actually I am uploading; I'll link only when there's approval/demand from the Mac players).

EDIT: I'm still currently working on getting 1.5.0 working, if I get it in time I might be able to upload this as well.
Take a breath.
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unofficial 1.4.2 for Mac OS X

Post by anakayub »

Bump.

Anyways, this is the link to the 1.4.2 build, I still haven't been able to get 1.5.0 on XCode. I'm linking as there hasn't been any objections received, and I don't want to forget stuff.

Download at your own risk as this is not an official build. EDIT: Please use the link provided further down, especially if you are not using Leopard. I have tested the link and it works (registration might be required).
Last edited by anakayub on May 9th, 2008, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take a breath.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Hi I downloaded it, no registration required, and it appears to work.
I made a local game, I joined the official server and observed a game.
All just fine.

os x 10.5 intel mac book pro
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

Nice.
I'll try to solve the 1.5.0 mystery ASAP, but my lack of programming education and lack of real life time may slow the progress. :P
Take a breath.
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

download works... DMG file opens... I install all stuff in a new folder like usual.... The game doesnt start....

MAC OSX 10.4.11
"Of course His Majesty is a pacifist. When I told him that to initiate war was a mistake, he agreed.Thus, gradually, he began to lead toward war."-Emperor Shòwa (Enlightened Peace)'s chief cabinet secretary
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

I found the problem; I accidentally set the program to run on only 1.5.

This next version will run to at least 1.3. Do check this thread, I'll upload as soon as possible; I've class in 45 minutes. :)
Take a breath.
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

This is the new version.

Works up to version 10.3.

P.S. I'm having trouble linking the new gui toolkit for 1.5.0; I'm rechecking 1 by 1 the required libraries and source/headers. I hope to be able to finish this before I go to bed tonight.
Take a breath.
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

same thing except that now there is a error message: "the application BoW quit unexpectedly, send rapport..."

Mac Os 10.4.11
"Of course His Majesty is a pacifist. When I told him that to initiate war was a mistake, he agreed.Thus, gradually, he began to lead toward war."-Emperor Shòwa (Enlightened Peace)'s chief cabinet secretary
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

/me grumbles.

Well, I'm driving at the moment (taking a break), so I'll get back to it in say 2.5 hours.

EDIT:
Those who have downloaded and have experienced problems, do tell me like hiro tiro. PMing me the error message might be good too. Apologies in advance, as all this while I only compile for my machine, now I'm compiling for multiple configurations.
Take a breath.
pqueiro

Post by pqueiro »

Compiled (seemingly fine) on OS X 10.4.11, XCode 2.4. Biggest problem was getting the SDL frameworks, but google came to the rescue. Uploading it to my little corner of the web, will post the link once it's up.

EDIT: it's up at

http://nfist.ist.utl.pt/~pqueiro/Wesnot ... _1.4.2.dmg

The usual disclaimers apply, use it at your own risk, not the official build, not tested on anything besides my Intel Macbook, etc etc etc. If you get an error, post it here and I'll try to figure it out, but again, no guarantees :P

EDIT 2: found a bug - in Heir to the Throne when Konrad levels up the sprite isn't loaded. This carries on to the next scenario; I'll check the logs to see if I can fix it... but first, to find said logs >_>
Had I been present at the Creation I would've given some hints as to the better ordering of the Universe...
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

I've finally got it (hopefully) working for the non-10.5 versions, as usual with XCode 3.0 and 10.5 sdk. I'll upload and link this as soon as possible.

I will also update the compile wiki, including instructions to compile on XCode 3.0 and 10.5 sdk. I might also upload the universal binaries of the dependencies (including those for 1.5). These dependancies were all built with XCode 3.0 and 10.5 sdk from source, all usable up to Mac OS 10.3.
Take a breath.
pqueiro

Post by pqueiro »

Right, where are the logs? I can't seem to figure that one out >_>

Anakayub, have you tried out HttT?

EDIT: Rebooting the game seems to have solved it >_> question stands on the logs though...
Had I been present at the Creation I would've given some hints as to the better ordering of the Universe...
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

Hm, what do you mean by the logs?

Actually the game works fine on my comp, the problem is installing it correctly on others'. And I don't play HttT :P .
Take a breath.
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

pqueiro wrote: Compiled (seemingly fine) on OS X 10.4.11, XCode 2.4. Biggest problem was getting the SDL frameworks, but google came to the rescue. Uploading it to my little corner of the web, will post the link once it's up.

EDIT: it's up at

http://nfist.ist.utl.pt/~pqueiro/Wesnot ... _1.4.2.dmg
This one works....
since i only play MP, i dont know about campains....
I connect to the server normally, and watch game....

Thanks!
anakayub wrote:Actually the game works fine on my comp, the problem is installing it correctly on others'. And I don't play HttT .
I try to re-install twice but the game doesnt launch...
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

Finally got them to work, but I'll need volunteers to test (if someone decides not to use pqueiro's build :P ).

Test: If you can open this (48 MB download) up to the main screen, it's good.

Full version.

If this works, i'll work on the wiki on teaching how to compile all of the headers as well (especially boost_iostreams (required for 1.4 onwards) and boost_regex (required for 1.5 onwards) after i get 1.5 working.

EDIT: I recommend trying out the full version straight away. All of the major problems identified have been ironed out. If an error occurs and Wesnoth crashes. Go to --> Report --> copy the error description given --> paste it here. Thanks all.

EDIT2: I see that someone has downloaded the full dmg. Does it work? (keeping fingers crossed)
Take a breath.