Wesnoth 1.4.2

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

autohost

Re: Wesnoth 1.4.2

Post by autohost »

Windows setup 1.4.2 doesn't run for me. When I try to run it, it waits about a minute, then says "Error: Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied."

I am local admin on my Windows cptr, 60gig free, 1gig ram, WinXP Pro 32-bit. AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU (but running 32-bit Windows)
autohost

Post by autohost »

autohost wrote:Windows setup 1.4.2 doesn't run for me. When I try to run it, it waits about a minute, then says "Error: Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied."

I am local admin on my Windows cptr, 60gig free, 1gig ram, WinXP Pro 32-bit. AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU (but running 32-bit Windows)
When I turn off my Comodo Firewall Pro (free version) defence/security (set it to disabled), then setup runs just fine.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Firewalls and antivirus programs are known to interfere with just about everything imaginable, especially games.
roushi-kun

Post by roushi-kun »

I downloaded the windows binary. Apparently, wesnoth itself is running ok, but when I tried to run the map editor, an error message appears:
This application has failed to start because ibintl3.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
I tried to reinstall the whole package, but it still says that.
Did I do something wrong?, or there's something wrong with the binary itself?
Linux geek in training
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

That's an oversight by Yogi. Copy intl.dll and rename the copied file to libintl3.dll leaving it where the original was, tha will take care of this issue.
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
roushi-kun

Post by roushi-kun »

ok thanks a lot :D that worked well
Linux geek in training