Great victory for Wesnoth

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

thorongil

Re: Great victory for Wesnoth

Post by thorongil »

it's not true :) it's an April Fool's joke! hooray!
Kryzyzkowski

Post by Kryzyzkowski »

:lol2:
Last edited by Kryzyzkowski on September 2nd, 2009, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kryzyzkowski

Post by Kryzyzkowski »

:eng:
Last edited by Kryzyzkowski on September 2nd, 2009, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

:shock:
There aren't any bonus points for four-post combos.
Kryzyzkowski

Post by Kryzyzkowski »

Last edited by Kryzyzkowski on September 2nd, 2009, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kryzyzkowski

Post by Kryzyzkowski »

Kryzyzkowski

Post by Kryzyzkowski »

Last edited by Kryzyzkowski on September 2nd, 2009, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssdg

Post by ssdg »

When looking at my RSS feed reader, I thought I was dying. April jokes are fun, but there is subjects not to fool with, like wesnoth. :cry:
(seriously, as a linux user, I love that game. And as a OOo fan and an MSseptic, I hate OOXML)
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Kryzyzkowski:

Use it. Having 9 of the last 12 posts is not a good thing. This is not a chat program for thinking aloud and even a joke thread doesn't deserve to be spammed.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Dret

Post by Dret »

... April Fish...!! :mrgreen:
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

David you are an evil [censored]! On IRC he went into a lenghty explaination about how Euros don't understand April Fool's, and that Ivanovic didn't understand the confusion of posting some news on this day.

:D
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

We are not evil! Really! :oops:

:twisted:
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
balmung60

Post by balmung60 »

THAT's NOT FUNNY

no, seriously, you had me planning to destroy all of the interwebs for about 2.5 minutes before I was 100% sure it was a joke
JW

Post by JW »

Kryzyzkowski wrote:I'll be ready for the next one and not have a heart attack at my young age :eng: :lol2:
Stop posting.

Think first.

Rethink second.

If you still have a thought, make sure it is relevant.

Post only if you are sure of your thought's importance.

Use the edit button.

I'd hate to see you get banned before you contribute anything worthwhile to these forums. Good luck in maintaining your account. Glad you enjoy Wesnoth!
Ratha Shadar

Post by Ratha Shadar »

I have to agree. If that was an April First joke, it wasn't funny. Not in the least. First of all, April first isn't celebrated all over the world. Second of all, when this went up in my timezone, it was not April First, it was still March. Imagine seeing something going up on the last day of March. April First is the last thing on my mind. Third, that joke was in very poor taste. I would have thought that the higher ups here would have come up with something more light-hearted and joke-like than panicing half of their hardcore players and developers. This almost put me off of the game for good.

And if it wasn't a joke (It did go up in March where I am, so I'm still considering the possibility), then I don't like it. It's your right, and I think you've earned the right to do this, but that doesn't mean I like it. I'm putting a pause on the coding of my campaign until I'm sure about whether it's true or not. If it is true, I'm quiting the coding, and converting what I have of the storyline into a stand-alone story that doesn't take place in Wesnoth. Good luck on your future endeavors, and climb that ladder to success, however you see it.
Stealing other peoples signatures since 1904 CE.