Wesnoth LiveCD final

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elven

Wesnoth LiveCD final

Post by Elven »

Wesnoth LiveCD is officialy on servers. You can freely download and burn it.

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=04756

If you have any questions, write it here please. I will try to add some intelligent answers :)
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
Elven

Re: Wesnoth LiveCD final

Post by Elven »

http download is now not going very well... have someone already downloaded it? can someone create a bittorrent?

Elven wrote:Wesnoth LiveCD is officialy on servers. You can freely download and burn it.

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=04756

If you have any questions, write it here please. I will try to add some intelligent answers :)
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
db0

Post by db0 »

If you already have it, why don't you create the torrent and start seeding?
Elven

Post by Elven »

db0 wrote:If you already have it, why don't you create the torrent and start seeding?
there is a problem... i like to seed it but do not know how... and it is firewalled on my "bytovka" (slovak word for something with many flats).

so can you create a torrent?
Lorbi

Post by Lorbi »

Well i would do the torrent part but i do not have downloaded it and can't find any working download ... maybe you should upload it to some freehoster ?
-- ^ --
db0

Post by db0 »

Elven wrote: there is a problem... i like to seed it but do not know how... and it is firewalled on my "bytovka" (slovak word for something with many flats).

Get azureus, I think it has an easy way to do it. Also if you're firewalled, just use a port that is open, I think there is a way to go around that as well.
Elven

Post by Elven »

db0 wrote:
Elven wrote: there is a problem... i like to seed it but do not know how... and it is firewalled on my "bytovka" (slovak word for something with many flats).

Get azureus, I think it has an easy way to do it. Also if you're firewalled, just use a port that is open, I think there is a way to go around that as well.

please use HTTP transfer, now it is ok
Rhonda
Site Administrator

Post by Rhonda »

Elven wrote: please use HTTP transfer, now it is ok
Well, apparently, it isn't. The link from the distrowatch page gives me a 404 error message, and the greenie website isn't really helpful neither. Are you the producer of this CD, Elven? Because I could host a torrent tracker for it if only I could lay my hands onto it.

If you aren't the producer of the CD I'm wondering how this project might evolve in the future. Because the 1.4 release is right behind the door I am wondering if there are plans to update the CD, if it is possible to contribute to it and maybe enhance it in various ways to make it both reachable and useful for more people out there. In the end it might even be able to receive the blessing of (some) of the developers - but if it is just a "once done" project, neglected with not being able to receive it, it would be a real pitty ...