Wesnoth 1.3.15

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Since when is a tar.bz2 file a Windows binary? :wink:
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Since never :? . Guess i am getting old :wink: . You can find the corrected link there, now.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Haha yogibear you are younger than I . I even downloaded the wrong file...lol

Cheers;)
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Yogi Bear wrote:Since never :? . Guess i am getting old :wink: . You can find the corrected link there, now.
I was already downloading it after going to the home page when I saw that mistake. I just didn't want people to spend their time downloading something they couldn't use.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

The windows binary has been removed for now. It had two serious faults at building stage which need to be adressed before rerelase.
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Hm, well I just installed 1.3.15 this morning, and so far it has crashed twice, without me doing anything. once I wasn't even in the BfW window, I was browsing the forums, and it just said it had encountered a problem and needed to close. The other time I was on the MP server and the same thing happened, I hadn't clicked on anything, it just crashed.
vicza

Post by vicza »

I'm not sure, whether it's appropriate topic for this question, but after I had installed 1.3.15 (the Windows version, which later was removed; btw, it works fine for me, no crashes), I've noticed, that the HP-bar during fights moves not smoothly, as it was in some previous versions, like my current 1.3.7, but jerkily, step by step. Was it intentional? If yes, why?
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Windows binaries again. We tried a new compiler last time but obviously it is not stable enough yet. This time hopefully without crashes (well, beside the usual ones :P ).

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... e?download
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
nataS

Post by nataS »

Nice job. Runs perfect for me so far (Windows Vista).
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

I'd be pretty annoyed if it didn't. We have stable and reliable build method based on gcc 3.4 (that's how 3.14 was made and that's how this one is), what we're trying to do is to find one for gcc 4.2 (and it backfired on previous attempt).
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
Sombra

Post by Sombra »

Thnak you very much Yogi/Bear /Mist and all the other developers...may 1.315 see more traffic now
Sergon_RU

Post by Sergon_RU »

All greetings! Help please it is very much favourite with my friends this game, such problem at us:
« At game Host, I create game to me join, but I do not see them, though they choose race and see itself in game (me too do not see) not probably to begin game. »
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Sergon_RU wrote:All greetings! Help please it is very much favourite with my friends this game, such problem at us:
« At game Host, I create game to me join, but I do not see them, though they choose race and see itself in game (me too do not see) not probably to begin game. »
That option has been removed, use the dedicated wesnoth server - wesnothd.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Sergon_RU

Post by Sergon_RU »

We so yesterday also played, is simple at us the Internet local (anlim) and external (Limit), more option will not be in the future?
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Sergon_RU wrote:We so yesterday also played, is simple at us the Internet local (anlim) and external (Limit), more option will not be in the future?
Come again?
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott