Wesnoth 1.3.13

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mithrandir

Post by Mithrandir »

Will the string freeze happen after 1.3.14 or it can happen earlier?
Does anybody know approximate possible 1.4 release time (maybe 2008 Q2?)?

Update: I already know the answers, so don't reply.
Last edited by Mithrandir on January 1st, 2008, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
velroij

Post by velroij »

Is this the stable Release?
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

velroij wrote:Is this the stable Release?
No, it's a development release, as are all numbered 1.3.x
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Whoops i did forgot to document another visible change that you'll probably discover in 1.3.13
spoiler : it's about [race]
It's now documented on the Wiki.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Changelog wrote: * units:
* all lvl 2 outlaw units can now advance to lvl 3 in all campaigns and MP
* the default AMLA for all max-level units is now +3 max HP, +20% max XP and
healing to full
* the standard AMLA XP limit upped from 100 to 150
* replaced the fullheal AMLA of the Necrophage with a feeding ability, giving
it +1 max HP for every living enemy killed
Awesome. :twisted:
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Shadrak wrote:
Yogi Bear wrote:windows binaries:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... e?download

Mist and Mythological did a great job in optimizing the build, so it should run much more stable now. Still, if there are major problems, please let me know.
there is a problem with your build - language selection is broken. It automatically picks the language settings from locale, and changing the language in menu does nothing (both on clean install and install with .12 userdata). Would you, perchance, happen to know, how to hard-set the language so it won't autodetect itself?
Yogi Bear did upload another build, no named wesnoth-1.3.13a-windows.exe. This one should allow switching translations again. It is linked from the frontpage and the wiki.
Shadrak

Post by Shadrak »

ivanovic wrote:
Yogi Bear did upload another build, no named wesnoth-1.3.13a-windows.exe. This one should allow switching translations again. It is linked from the frontpage and the wiki.
Muchas gracias, Yogi, a great present you gave me for NY ;)

Good luck and have fun in new year, everyone!
kesnar

Post by kesnar »

This versions Rocks even more.
I really like the loadings screens you put because that way we can know if it got stuck or if it is just loading.

And as some Greeks says:Τιμή και δόξα στο Wesnoth(Price and glory to Wesnoth)
Kalis

Post by Kalis »

Great release! :D Thanks to the devs for all the hard work!

A few new bugs (I'm not sure where I'm supposed to post them so I'll put them here).

1. You can't add people to the friend's list.
2. CIB and Aethaeryn have discovered that in MP campaigns, recalling causes the observers to OOS. However, it works great for the players in the game.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Another problem with An Unnatural Winter was that our xp modifier changed, and so some units that were about to promote were closer to promoting (and one of my cavalrymen had more than enough xp to promote). Also, the cavalryman of someone else that made the kill on the second enemy leader ending the first scenario did not promote either. Other than that, no big problem except with the observers (which has already been mentioned).

The biggest thing is the observer OOS on recall (although all the players could play fine), but it was annoying to have the xp modifier change and the last-kill unit not promote when he had more than enough xp. I, the host, was p3 and there wasn't any messed up order in the players so it seems to work great.

Now it's time for some more MP campaigns!
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Its a nice gift for the players.

Anyhow playing on Windows milennium I encountered that the damage display is wrecked up, aka first appears the damage dealt/miss and then runs the animation. (desynch?)

That's the only thing I have noticed so far, and don't know if it happens to more people tought.

Have a nice new year.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Kalis wrote:Great release! :D Thanks to the devs for all the hard work!

A few new bugs (I'm not sure where I'm supposed to post them so I'll put them here).

1. You can't add people to the friend's list.
2. CIB and Aethaeryn have discovered that in MP campaigns, recalling causes the observers to OOS. However, it works great for the players in the game.
About 1: I just discovered that you can add them, but they aren't displayed (although they show up correctly in the preferences file). Some display bug?
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Kalis wrote:A few new bugs (I'm not sure where I'm supposed to post them so I'll put them here).
This should answer your questions about posting bugs (yes, it was in the first thread of this post):
ivanovic wrote: (...)

If you find any bugs don't hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to post bugs first. Instructions for bug reporting can be found at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/ReportingBugs.
And it is always better to have real bugs listed in the bugtracker, that you can reach via http://bugs.wesnoth.org, this way they are not lost. But please do follow the guidelines on reporting bugs, they include stuff like what you should mention and that you should check if the problem is not already reported/fixed.
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

@Aethaeryn please post your bugs at bugs.wesnoth.org, that way I can easily keep track of them.
CIB already posted
https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?10625
https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?10624

I hope to get MP campaigns working properly again soon, but I expect more bugs to pop up ;)
multilis

Post by multilis »

windows binaries:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... e?download

Mist and Mythological did a great job in optimizing the build, so it should run much more stable now. Still, if there are major problems, please let me know.
You've lost the Windows look and feel! It used to be, with my older laptop I could enjoy studdering music and long pauses. But now everything is fast and smooth. I am so shocked and depressed, please add some bloatware.

;)