Wesnoth 1.3.11

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Wesnoth 1.3.11

Post by ivanovic »

Wesnoth 1.3.11 is out!

After just one week there is already the next release, 1.3.11. There is not much to mention for this release, it is mainly meant to fix some bugs introduced in 1.3.10 (like the problem with uploading content using the old structure and the problems with resuming MP games). Another longstanding bug should basically not happen anymore. More about this one in the notes I got from the other Devs. The multiplayer server code was adjusted a little to increase stability and make sure that dead clients are detected in a more robust way. This implementation was done with UNIX systems in mind, there might be some issues with it for Windows users. If you are a Windows user and want to compile yourself you do have to at least apply this patch. While talking about compiling: A patch has been applied to allow compiling with GCC 4.3. If you are using gcc 4.3 and compiling does not work, please leave a little note in the bugtracker in this report.

And here is what "The Others" asked me to tell you:

The description key in [unit] should be unique, this key is used to avoid the recall duplication bug, which have been around for a while. (Note loading a lingermode savegame and continuing that one will still result in a duplication.)

The bug that caused Wesnoth to crash when loading a saved multiplayer game from the create-game interface has been fixed.

What else was changed? Some updated graphics, translations and probably a lot more that I am too lazy to mention now. For a more complete list (not 100% complete, some devs tend to forget adding entries) have a look at the changelog. A changelog with the changes that might be visible to most users (and only includes these) is the players_changelog.

Downloads
Sources:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... 2?download (98.2MB) md5sum
Here is the xDelta for the sources:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... a?download (1.3.10 to 1.3.11, 0.8MB)
Check http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7034 for info on using xdelta.

The Windows binary is not available yet. Once it is you can find it on the download page.

The MacOSX binary is not available yet. Once it is you can find it on the download page.

The OpenSolaris binary is available on the download page.

So far the OpenSolaris binaries are ready. No idea about the others, but all the known packagers have been contacted. Information about where to get the respective binaries or how to get them work you get on the Linux binaries site for the Linux binaries. Download links for the other supported systems will be listed at the downloads page once the binaries are available.

As a fallback you can also get the sources from http://files.wesnoth.org/ - you should first try to get files through SourceForge to help us save bandwidth.

Soon we will shutdown the 1.3.10 multiplayer server because we want to focus on getting 1.3.11 tested. No idea if the game itself would be compatible with 1.3.10 but to be honest: I don't care too much and you should assume that it is not. The server for 1.3.11 is already up and waiting for you to play on it. So consider doing an update as soon as possible. We want to wait with this until the MacOSX and the Windows binary are ready but once they are out we will shut down the old server.

If you find any bugs don't hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to post bugs first. Instructions for bug reporting can be found at Instructions for bug reporting can be found at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/ReportingBugs.

Enjoy!
Last edited by ivanovic on December 2nd, 2007, 8:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
lwa
Inactive Developer

Post by lwa »

The mac binary image is ready:

Full version:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... 1.3.11.dmg

Lite version (without arts or editor)
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... 1_lite.dmg
Last edited by lwa on November 25th, 2007, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadOssor

Post by MadOssor »

OpenSUSE packages are released
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Windows binaries are available:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... e?download

Unfortunately, my heavily outdated compiler and the as well outdated python 2.3 DLL prevent me from compiling with HAVE_PYTHON. I am pretty busy at the moment and so it will take a while to get that under control.
Therefore i provided the binary without python support for the moment. I will add it back as soon as i can, though.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Jack the Ripper

Post by Jack the Ripper »

At first, thank you for your fast work! :) It's fantastico! :D

I have a few questions:

1. What do you think, how many development releases will follow before the 1.3.x branch will be stable (1.4.x)?

2. Do you planing to release another stable version of Wesnoth (1.2.8 ) and if your answer is yes, when?^^

(I hope I don't anger you with this questions and nobody will throw stones after me, because of my bad English)
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Jack the Ripper wrote:At first, thank you for your fast work! :) It's fantastico! :D

I have a few questions:

1. What do you think, how many development releases will follow before the 1.3.x branch will be stable (1.4.x)?

2. Do you planing to release another stable version of Wesnoth (1.2.8 ) and if your answer is yes, when?^^

(I hope I don't anger you with this questions and nobody will throw stones after me, because of my bad English)
Apart from the usual answer (it is ready, when it is ready) we plan to have a pretty regular release cycle for 1.3.x, so there should be a couple of new releases before we get to 1.4 finally.

Yes, 1.2.8 is planned and pretty much on it's way. However, functionality won't change much (at all?), just a few security patches will get applied.
Stay tuned :wink: .

Edit: I could give you an estimate when 1.2.8 is available and it will be fairly precise, probably, but the other devs are going to kill me then :wink: . So you will just have to look for it now and then yourself.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Jack the Ripper

Post by Jack the Ripper »

Yogi Bear wrote: 1.
Apart from the usual answer (it is ready, when it is ready) we plan to have a pretty regular release cycle for 1.3.x, so there should be a couple of new releases before we get to 1.4 finally.

Yes, 1.2.8 is planned and pretty much on it's way. However, functionality won't change much (at all?), just a few security patches will get applied.
Stay tuned :wink: .
Thank you for your very fast answers! :D (You are the man! :wink: )
Yogi Bear wrote: Edit: I could give you an estimate when 1.2.8 is available and it will be fairly precise, probably, but the other devs are going to kill me then :wink: . So you will just have to look for it now and then yourself.
It's ok, I don't ask you for this anymore, because everyone need you! :)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Note to Windows users with connection issues that are 1.3.11-specific: there is a dedicated thread regarding this matter, including a known work-around to the bug:

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18726.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Serban

Post by Serban »

Well, I might be too hasty by asking, but... when do you plan to publish a 1.3 stable version? The thing is, I downloaded 1.2.4 some time ago, but i don't want to install a new version unless it has some substantial changes. So, is stable 1.3 on the way, or will I have to wait?
Combine Elvish Archers, Human Cavalry and Heavy Infantry, and Dwarven Musketeers, and what do you get? BLITZKRIEG!
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Has anyone else problems with the animations?
The defense animations get displayed but not the attack animations.

Runs under Windows XP 1.3.11 build in normal campaign mode.
... all romantics meet the same fate someday
Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe ...
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin’ behind bottles in dark cafes
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Serban wrote:Well, I might be too hasty by asking, but... when do you plan to publish a 1.3 stable version? The thing is, I downloaded 1.2.4 some time ago, but i don't want to install a new version unless it has some substantial changes. So, is stable 1.3 on the way, or will I have to wait?
The even numbers are stable, so the next stable will be the 1.4.x branch. However, the development version isn't unstable. When there's a buggy release (like 1.3.10) a new one comes out very soon. I personally tend to stick to the devel version because of new graphics, more balanced campaigns, etc. 1.2.x is basically not updated except for critical fixes.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Serban wrote:Well, I might be too hasty by asking, but... when do you plan to publish a 1.3 stable version? The thing is, I downloaded 1.2.4 some time ago, but i don't want to install a new version unless it has some substantial changes. So, is stable 1.3 on the way, or will I have to wait?
If you want substantial changes, and you want to help us test this piece of art, go 1.3.x! ;)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Aethaeryn wrote:However, the development version isn't unstable. When there's a buggy release (like 1.3.10) a new one comes out very soon. I personally tend to stick to the devel version because of new graphics, more balanced campaigns, etc. 1.2.x is basically not updated except for critical fixes.
Everything he said. "Unstable" means "may change significantly between subversions", not "is buggy". (Although this late in the Dev cycle, it probably won't change significantly between subversions either...)