Wesnoth 1.3.7

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Damn, i thought it would come after Neo was done with his new Drakes.
1.3.9 might come out without that being finished. :|
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

torangan wrote:Yes, the main problem is outdated WML which is either deprecated, way more verbose then required as in not using current features or even buggy. If you use the latest SVN and improve the WML posting your patches on bugs.wesnoth.org the work will be done earlier.
I'd better hurry and setup Linux on my laptop to get daily access to the SVN then, instead of waiting for the three-weekly releases.

Uhm... what kind of incentive does Neo require to get it done before the next release?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

The windows binary is now available:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... e?download (76.7MB)

Thanks to YogiHH (aka YobiBear) for creating the binary.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Note: unfortunately a bug sneaked into the 1.3.7 release which affects the Descent into Darkness campaign. The underlying cause has been fixed in the C++ in svn trunk, but you can work around the bug by replacing the Dark Adept DiD line of advancements' unit data files with the old version of the files and restarting at the last Start of Scenario location.

http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/wesnoth/tags ... ess/units/

apprentice-mage.cfg
apprentice-necromancer.cfg
dark-adept.cfg
dark-mage.cfg
dark-sorcerer.cfg
Attachments
adept_workaround.zip
extract to data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/units/
(5.25 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
BurningShadow

Post by BurningShadow »

Now there's finally Syllable binaries for 1.3.7 (I guess you've all missed them :D )
A Builder recipe has also been made, and will be added to our own CVS later today. This will make it much faster to release Syllable binaries of BfW. Let me know if you want a copy for your CVS (you can't really use it for anything...)

When installing BfW on Syllable, the Application menu will load a lot slower than normal, because of the the directory structure of BfW (Syllable checks the attributes of all files), so there's a new registrar included in this package. It will respect ”os::Category Ignore” on the directories, and therefore not load the whole structure.

Wesnoth 1.3.7 for Syllable.

Am I the only one getting a corrupt icon for the editor? It might just be the png translator on Syllable that can't read that one, but all other png's work fine, so who knows... The game icon works, however.
lwa
Inactive Developer

Post by lwa »

Sorry to be late, here are the mac build

Full version with editor (93Mb):
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wesn ... g?download

Lite version without the arts and musics (52Mb):
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wesn ... g?download

They require Mac OX 10.3.9 or more to run.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

* Graphics
* Improve footsteps : better beginning, angles and end, fix incorrect
left-right sequences and clean some images.
* Various small improvements of the rendering of fog and "black stripes".
* Remove the bars, orb and ellipse of dying animations.
Are these really the only Graphical changes? I see the word "committed" flying about the art forums quite a bit.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: Wesnoth 1.3.7

Post by Soliton »

ivanovic wrote:For a more complete list (not 100% complete, some devs tend to forget adding entries) have a look at the changelog.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
RedLTeut

Post by RedLTeut »

The new campaign seems to be broken. Installed 1.3.7. over 1.3.6 Played in german.
error config: preprocessor symbol 'IF_VAR' expects 4 arguments, but has 2 arguments at 76 data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/scenarios/11_Forever_and_Ever_Amen.cfg 53 data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/_main.cfg 8 data/_main.cfg
Error loading game configuration files
error general: Fehler beim Laden der Konfigurationsdateien: 'Fehlendes Abschlusselement für Element side an der Position data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/scenarios/11_Forever_and_Ever_Amen.cfg:16 übernommen aus data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/_main.cfg:53 übernommen aus data/_main.cfg:8 an data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/scenarios/11_Forever_and_Ever_Amen.cfg:23 übernommen aus data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/_main.cfg:53 übernommen aus data/_main.cfg:8' (Das Spiel wird nun beendet)
Fehlendes Abschlusselement für Element side an der Position data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/scenarios/11_Forever_and_Ever_Amen.cfg:16 übernommen aus data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/_main.cfg:53 übernommen aus data/_main.cfg:8 an data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/scenarios/11_Forever_and_Ever_Amen.cfg:23 übernommen aus data/campaigns/Descent_Into_Darkness/_main.cfg:53 übernommen aus data/_main.cfg:8
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

RedLTeut wrote:The new campaign seems to be broken. Installed 1.3.7. over 1.3.6 Played in german.
Well, don't do that. Remove the old installation completely or install to a new place.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
MDG

Post by MDG »

Don't install over a previous version. Not all the old files will be replaced and then they interfere with the new version. Either uninstall the old version first or install the new version to a different directory.

EDIT: Soliton beat me to it (damn he's fast...).
Sombra

Post by Sombra »

thx for the new version. BUT the new sounds of the bats is beyond annoying. Can we have back the old sound please?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Sombra wrote:thx for the new version. BUT the new sounds of the bats is beyond annoying. Can we have back the old sound please?
What's the problem with the new ones (in more detail than "annoying", of course)?

EDIT: Preferably reply in a new thread in the sounds & music forum, please.
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

1.3.7 looks good!!!

Bat's sound is less annoying than the old one , IMHO. It looks like .... a bat sound!.... :wink:
xamil

Post by xamil »

I have a short question.
When 1.3 line will be stable?
I dont expect an exacly date... i just want to know if this will be month, 3, 6, year or maybe two?;)