Offering Assistance Rolling RPMs for OpenSuse 10.2

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gnurob

Offering Assistance Rolling RPMs for OpenSuse 10.2

Post by gnurob »

Hi,

I've noticed OS10.2 binaries are falling behind the development release and I'd like to offer my assistance compiling and releasing those RPMs.

Regards,

Robert
appleide

Post by appleide »

Hmm, you could just grab the source when the latest version is out, compile it, post a link in "release announcements"... eventually, it'd probably become official and you'd be able to upload it into wesnoth.... or maybe someone would let you do this now. :)
MadOssor

Re: Offering Assistance Rolling RPMs for OpenSuse 10.2

Post by MadOssor »

gnurob wrote:Hi,

I've noticed OS10.2 binaries are falling behind the development release and I'd like to offer my assistance compiling and releasing those RPMs.

Regards,

Robert
I am back and the development release should be the current one very soon. I am doing this in my freetime and sometimes these times are stressy. You know there is another life including family and much more :)

Nevertheless I do my best to have Wesnoth in a good state for openSUSE.

Robert, if you want to improve or help me releasing the binaries faster, join the openSUSE buildservice and maintain the existing packages there. Just send me an email and we can team up.

That would be cool as I need someone who helps me out when I'm travelling or on vacation.

Cheers,
Ossor
MadOssor

Post by MadOssor »

And yes, I know that there is an error in packaging with wesnoth-data-full / base currently, as "full" contains next to no data. This will be changed to have only one data package very soon.