0.4.9-CVS Mouse Wheel Scrolling

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Norvell

0.4.9-CVS Mouse Wheel Scrolling

Post by Norvell »

In the CVS from 2003.10.12 22:17 UTC, the mouse wheel scrolling works fine, except for the NE, E, and SE hot zones. Once out of the N or S hot zones scrolling doesn't work. Slainte, thanks for implementing that so quickly.

As far as how intuitive the scroll direction is compared to its hot zone, I may have been mistaken; it took me a few minutes to get used to it but I did---then again, it may just be me. Sorry for sounding indecisive. If it works well for everyone else, then forget I said anything.
Slainte

Post by Slainte »

hmm I have not compiled and tested the final version dave finally worked... i will test it l8r on the day... my initial version worked just fine :) but maybe something was changed accidentally on the final version...

Hmm I'm just thinking I know your prob :) this areas are in far east side (not the play area side but the screen side) as this is just the same as mouse push scroll on the east... the change to make it confined to play-area is quite easy: just modify the hot spot calculations where gui.x()-50 is stated to the range of 50 px but confined to play area (mousex >= gui.x()-<menu pad size>-50 && mousex <=gui.x()-<menu pad size>)
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Slainte,

The function you want is display::mapx(). It returns display::x() - sidebar_pad_size

David
Slainte

Post by Slainte »

didn't know it was there :P so just make this change and voil¡à wheel support will be confined to game play area