Wesnoth 1.3.1

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BuD

Post by BuD »

OMG * initial support for GP2X controls :D
isaac
Inactive Developer

Post by isaac »

Glowing Fish wrote:I am hoping that the Ubuntu people package this up quickly!
The Debian packages should work.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

tsr wrote:I don't know if this is the right place, but anyhow:

Code: Select all

./configure --with-preferences-dir=.wesnoth-1.3.1 --with-game-suffix=1.3.1 --with-datadir-name=wesnoth-1.3.1 --enable-editor --enable-python
Did not create a binary (neither game nor editor) suffixed by 1.3.1 as I hasd assumed. Maybe I thought wrong or this is a bug?

Either way, I wonder how I can fix this, having two binaries? (currently the 1.3.1 binary overwrote the 1.2.2 binary.

Can I just copy the current /usr/local/bin/wesnoth to /usr/local/bin/wesnoth-1.3.1 and then copy /usr/local/src/wesnoth-1.2.2/src/wesnoth to /usr/local/bin/wesnoth ?

/tsr
Line works perfectly for me:

./configure -enable-editor --with-preferences-dir=.wesnoth-1.3.1 --program-suffix=-1.3.1 --with-datadir-name=wesnoth-1.3.1
It is simply not "with-game-suffix" but "program-suffix" and everything should work nicely. Btw python is now active by default. There is no "--enable-python" anymore. From now on you have to explicitly disable it if you don't want python. For this you got to use "--disable-python".
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

BuD wrote:OMG * initial support for GP2X controls :D
You should better try the branch in svn that was made for gp2x. It is a branch made of 1.2.2. It also has the support and all the stuff and some parts are already stripped off to make the game a little more likely to run. To get the branch simply checkout this:

svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/wesnoth/branches/gp2x wesnoth-gp2x
It might be a good idea to somehow sync with grzywacz since he is working on that branch currently and does welcome any help he can get. This way your code changes could directly go into the official tree made for the gp2x version.
truffant

Post by truffant »

So, after heaving read some mails on:

https://mail.gna.org/public/wesnoth-dev ... 00010.html

does "holy" magic become something like "white" or light (as in laser ;-)) magic?

So the white mage could keep his name and his colour.

White in this meaning would point to light and has still some notions of "good", staying in opposition to the undead forms of magic.

truffant
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

truffant wrote:So, after heaving read some mails on:

https://mail.gna.org/public/wesnoth-dev ... 00010.html

does "holy" magic become something like "white" or light (as in laser ;-)) magic?
For 1.3.1 the name has not been changed.
This is not the place to discuss what you think the name should be. Find one of the dozen threads already started.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

BuD wrote:OMG * initial support for GP2X controls :D
Actually... no. This has already been moved into a separate branch, as pointed out by Ivanovic, and I forgot to remove the changelog entry. :roll:
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Why does 1.3.1 require the python-dev headers? And, more importantly, why doesn't it find them on my debian sarge system... ?
checking Python.h usability... no
checking Python.h presence... no
checking for Python.h... no
configure: error: *** Python include files not found!
You should install Python development package.
My Python.h is in /usr/include/python2.3, and I've added that path to both PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH. Still no luck.
:cry:
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Rhuvaen wrote:Why does 1.3.1 require the python-dev headers? And, more importantly, why doesn't it find them on my debian sarge system... ?
checking Python.h usability... no
checking Python.h presence... no
checking for Python.h... no
configure: error: *** Python include files not found!
You should install Python development package.
My Python.h is in /usr/include/python2.3, and I've added that path to both PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH. Still no luck.
:cry:
Don't know why your debian doesn't work; my sarge works properly...
The reason why it wants python is explained here http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 305#218305 in this thread.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

SkeletonCrew wrote:The reason why it wants python is explained here http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 305#218305 in this thread.
I'm disabling python now. What will I be missing out on if I do that? Just custom AI's?
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Rhuvaen wrote:
SkeletonCrew wrote:The reason why it wants python is explained here http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 305#218305 in this thread.
I'm disabling python now. What will I be missing out on if I do that? Just custom AI's?
Yes python is only used for custom AI's. Which python packages do you have installed?
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

SkeletonCrew wrote:Which python packages do you have installed?
Lots. 'python 2.3.5-2' and 'python2.3-dev' are among the installed packages (and I'd think those would be the only ones needed). These are sarge defaults... :?
Wonderboy

Post by Wonderboy »

Why do orcish assassins get 20% holy resistance when other orcs get 0%?
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Rhuvaen wrote:
SkeletonCrew wrote:Which python packages do you have installed?
Lots. 'python 2.3.5-2' and 'python2.3-dev' are among the installed packages (and I'd think those would be the only ones needed). These are sarge defaults... :?
Strange :?... that should indeed work...
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

SkeletonCrew wrote:
Rhuvaen wrote: I'm disabling python now. What will I be missing out on if I do that? Just custom AI's?
Yes python is only used for custom AI's. Which python packages do you have installed?
Not that there are any custom AIs written in python...

edit. ok, there's one or so :oops: