Wesnoth 1.2.1

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

greywolfexcel

Post by greywolfexcel »

Would it be too much to ask if _something_ on the 1.2.x branch could be released by the next update? I'm running Ubuntu, and the most recent file I can find on the wiki pages is the 1.1.8 release candidate, and the binary/source builds go back even to 0.8.8. I'd rather be running on the 1.2.x stable branch. I don't care if it's not a package; even the source would be nice so I could compile it.
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

greywolfexcel wrote:Would it be too much to ask if _something_ on the 1.2.x branch could be released by the next update? I'm running Ubuntu, and the most recent file I can find on the wiki pages is the 1.1.8 release candidate, and the binary/source builds go back even to 0.8.8. I'd rather be running on the 1.2.x stable branch. I don't care if it's not a package; even the source would be nice so I could compile it.
Have you even looked at the first post in this thread? (or on the front page for that matter) :roll:
Draicone

Post by Draicone »

60mb isn't really that much. Even on dialup connections, it can be downloaded in about 6 hours, and for people who don't have a download manager, use the torrent with uTorrent.
greywolfexcel

Post by greywolfexcel »

freim wrote: Have you even looked at the first post in this thread? (or on the front page for that matter) :roll:
Sorry, I'm new to linux and didn't know that the .tar.gz files were the sources. My mistake. :oops: