Story Frame Timeout

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Norvell

Story Frame Timeout

Post by Norvell »

Dave, could you increase the timeout by a few seconds when the story frames are displaying? My nearly-nine-year-old needs just a little more time when reading the captions. I could probably dig around in the source and find what to change, but other kids may find it frustrating---if other kids have bad parents like me that let them play highly addictive games.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Actually there probably shouldn't be any timeout. The timeout was from an old version where there was no 'next' button and you had to click to go to the next frame. It should stay there until the user presses the 'next' button.

Expect to see this in CVS within 24 hours.

It's good to hear that we have users of all ages :)

David
Norvell

Post by Norvell »

Dave wrote:Expect to see this in CVS within 24 hours.
OK, thanks.
Dave wrote:It's good to hear that we have users of all ages :)
Yeah, she's tried LinCity and NetHack but lost interest in those. I think she likes BfW so much because (1) even though game play can get complicated, there aren't that many rules to learn, and (2) the graphics, animations, and artwork are excellent. Of course, I like it that she's using her mind instead of playing Flash games on barbie.com. So kudos to you, fmunoz, and all the other contributors.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay there is now no timeout in the latest CVS.

David
Norvell

Post by Norvell »

Cool. I'll download and compile.