compiling almost done - problem with global.hpp

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ichbinsehselber

compiling almost done - problem with global.hpp

Post by ichbinsehselber »

I am trying to compile wesnoth on visual studio 8 for the first time. I use the instructions made by wintifax. In some cases I use more current versions of tools.

I have been able to fix most problems. There are some left now (apart from warnings of deprecated functions):

1.) 17 times the following error: ...\widget.cpp(14) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'global.hpp': No such file or directory

I have checked that the file exists and that it is mentioned in the right directory in the project file. I have also looked into the file itself and did not find any problem.

Do you have any idea, what causes this error?

2.) parser.cpp
...\src\serialization\parser.cpp(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'serialization/parser.hpp': No such file or directory

3.) playlevel.cpp
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\src\playlevel.cpp': No such file or directory
ichbinsehselber

3.) playlevel.cpp is solved. It seems that this file has been removed in one of the latest release versions
ichbinsehselber

it is very strange that the include global.hpp does not cause an error in some of the files
zaimoni

Post by zaimoni »

If you haven't done so already:

Add the main wesnoth source directory to the search path for non-system project include files. A number of the files in various subdirectories (particularly widgets and serialization) won't compile without this, and they fail by not finding various include files.
ichbinsehselber

thanks you, zaimoni!
now I have the same problem as Saragar describes in a different thread (http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 6227148cd5)
I'll try and see, if the instructions there help me.
ichbinsehselber

after putting the libfreetype.lib as provided by Xan into the path, more linking errors appear:

Generating Code...
Linking...
about.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification
loadscreen_empty.obj : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall loadscreen::set_progress(int,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,bool)" (?set_progress@loadscreen@@QAEXHABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@_N@Z) already defined in loadscreen.obj
loadscreen_empty.obj : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall loadscreen::increment_progress(int,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,bool)" (?increment_progress@loadscreen@@QAEXHABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@_N@Z) already defined in loadscreen.obj
loadscreen_empty.obj : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall loadscreen::clear_screen(bool)" (?clear_screen@loadscreen@@QAEX_N@Z) already defined in loadscreen.obj
loadscreen_empty.obj : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl increment_filesystem_progress(void)" (?increment_filesystem_progress@@YAXXZ) already defined in loadscreen.obj
loadscreen_empty.obj : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl increment_binary_wml_progress(void)" (?increment_binary_wml_progress@@YAXXZ) already defined in loadscreen.obj
loadscreen_empty.obj : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl increment_set_config_progress(void)" (?increment_set_config_progress@@YAXXZ) already defined in loadscreen.obj
loadscreen_empty.obj : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl increment_parser_progress(void)" (?increment_parser_progress@@YAXXZ) already defined in loadscreen.obj
loadscreen_empty.obj : error LNK2005: "public: static class loadscreen * loadscreen::global_loadscreen" (?global_loadscreen@loadscreen@@2PAV1@A) already defined in loadscreen.obj
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBCD.lib'
zaimoni

Post by zaimoni »

You also don't need both loadscreen_empty.obj and loadscreen.obj. [This also gave me trouble when configuring my Python makefile leech script.] For the main client, you want loadscreen.obj [remove loadscreen_empty.cpp from the project].

No idea about the libcd.lib error.