Mac OS 10.4 compilation issues

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Anyar

Post by Anyar »

scott wrote:
Anyar wrote:or OS X < 10.4(compile does not work due to sdl/freetype issues)
Command line compile works just fine in 10.4. Also, how do you think Iwa makes universal binaries?

I would go with whatever OS you otherwise like the best. Windows has the most convenient data/userdata location (important for if you want to mod the game). Mac has nice well-behaved drag-and-drop icons. Linux/Mac command line probably runs the best since it's custom-compiled for your system. I can't think of any substantial differences.
Doesn't work on my machine, and I've seen some other people have the same problem. Maybe I misconfigured something, but freetype refuses to compile(fink won't install it either).
Even as the fingers of the two hands are equal, so are human beings equal to one another. No one has any right, nor any preference to claim over another. You are brothers. - Muhammed
scott

Post by scott »

Anyar wrote:
scott wrote: Command line compile works just fine in 10.4. Also, how do you think Iwa makes universal binaries?

I would go with whatever OS you otherwise like the best. Windows has the most convenient data/userdata location (important for if you want to mod the game). Mac has nice well-behaved drag-and-drop icons. Linux/Mac command line probably runs the best since it's custom-compiled for your system. I can't think of any substantial differences.
Doesn't work on my machine, and I've seen some other people have the same problem. Maybe I misconfigured something, but freetype refuses to compile(fink won't install it either).
There's a big leap in going from saying you have compilation problems to saying the game won't compile in OS 10.4. Maybe we can figure it out. You have to uninstall the default freetype that fink installs with the basic packages and install freetype2 and freetype2-dev:

Code: Select all

scott:~/wesnoth scott$ fink list -i freetype
Information about 5782 packages read in 11 seconds.
 i   freetype2                   2.1.4-12             TrueType font rendering library, (dummy)
 i   freetype2-dev               2.1.4-12             TrueType font rendering library, headers
 i   freetype2-shlibs            2.1.4-12             TrueType font rendering library, shared libs
 i   freetype219-shlibs          2.1.9-2              TrueType font rendering library, shared libs
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Hellrider

Post by Hellrider »

I managed to compile wesnoth on OS X 10.4.6 without problems :D So it is possible..