I succeeded compiling Wesnoth on MS Windows :-)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Thanks it works fine!
(The clever installer has even created the enviroment variable itself)
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Gus

Post by Gus »

BAM!
Necromancy.

Anyway, i followed the _very_ valuable advice by Viliam here, and, after a bit of tweaking (having to understand why installing SDL removed the previous installation of SDL_net and vice-versa, changing the include in one file from SDL_types.h to SDL_ttf.h, and realizing compiling failed because it needs python2.4 and i had python2.5), i finally reached a point where there is another mistake, and this one i don't understand how to get out of. Of course, this is mainly due to the fact that i have not compiled in a loooooong time but anyways, i'd like your help, ladies and gentlemen.

Here's the log of the mistake:
Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "G:\Devel\wesnoth\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
mingw32-make -f "G:\Devel\wesnoth\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -D__DEBUG__ src/about.o src/actions.o src/ai.o src/ai_attack.o src/ai_dfool.o src/ai_move.o src/ai_python.o src/animated.o src/astarnode.o src/attack_prediction.o src/boilerplate-header.o src/builder.o src/cavegen.o src/checksum.o src/clipboard.o src/color_range.o src/config.o src/config_adapter.o src/cursor.o src/dialogs.o src/display.o src/events.o src/filechooser.o src/filesystem.o src/font.o src/game.o src/game_config.o src/game_events.o src/gamestatus.o src/gettext.o src/halo.o src/help.o src/hotkeys.o src/image.o src/intro.o src/key.o src/language.o src/leader_list.o src/log.o src/map.o src/map_create.o src/map_label.o src/mapgen.o src/mapgen_dialog.o src/marked-up_text.o src/menu_events.o src/minimap.o src/mouse.o src/mouse_events.o src/multiplayer.o src/multiplayer_connect.o src/multiplayer_create.o src/multiplayer_lobby.o src/multiplayer_ui.o src/multiplayer_wait.o src/network.o src/network_worker.o src/pathfind.o src/pathutils.o src/playcampaign.o src/playturn.o src/preferences.o src/preferences_display.o src/publish_campaign.o src/race.o src/random.o src/replay.o src/replay_controller.o src/reports.o src/sdl_utils.o src/show_dialog.o src/sound.o src/statistics.o src/team.o src/terrain.o src/theme.o src/thread.o src/titlescreen.o src/tooltips.o src/tstring.o src/unit.o src/unit_animation.o src/unit_display.o src/unit_types.o src/upload_log.o src/util.o src/variable.o src/video.o src/wassert.o src/sdl_ttf/SDL_ttf.o src/serialization/binary_or_text.o src/serialization/binary_wml.o src/serialization/parser.o src/serialization/preprocessor.o src/serialization/string_utils.o src/serialization/tokenizer.o src/widgets/button.o src/widgets/combo.o src/widgets/label.o src/widgets/menu.o src/widgets/progressbar.o src/widgets/scrollarea.o src/widgets/scrollbar.o src/widgets/scrollpane.o src/widgets/slider.o src/widgets/textbox.o src/widgets/widget.o src/zipios++/xcoll.o src/unit_abilities.o src/loadscreen.o src/floating_textbox.o src/play_controller.o src/playmp_controller.o src/playsingle_controller.o src/widgets/menu_style.o src/generic_event.o src/unit_map.o src/widgets/file_menu.o src/unit_frame.o src/construct_dialog.o -o "wesnoth.exe" -L"G:/Devel/Dev-Cpp/lib" -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_image -lSDL_net -lSDL_mixer -lws2_32 -lwinmm -lfreetype -lintl -mwindows -lpython24 -lpng13 -lgmon -pg -g3 -mwindows

src/game_events.o(.text+0x14b0d): In function `ZN48_GLOBAL__N_src_game_events.cpp_3F6EE7DC_0A43AFB313event_handler20handle_event_commandERKNS_12queued_eventERKSs7vconfigRb':
G:/Devel/wesnoth/src/game_events.cpp:1198: undefined reference to `soundsource::manager::add(std::string const&, std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> > const&, int, int, bool)'
src/game_events.o(.text+0x14c72):G:/Devel/wesnoth/src/game_events.cpp:1200: undefined reference to `soundsource::manager::add(std::string const&, std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> > const&, int, int, bool)'
src/game_events.o(.text+0x14edf):G:/Devel/wesnoth/src/game_events.cpp:1205: undefined reference to `soundsource::manager::add_location(std::string const&, gamemap::location const&)'
src/play_controller.o(.text+0x21cf): In function `ZN15play_controllerD2Ev':
G:/Devel/wesnoth/src/play_controller.cpp:55: undefined reference to `soundsource::manager::~manager()'
src/play_controller.o(.text+0x28d1): In function `ZN15play_controllerD1Ev':
G:/Devel/wesnoth/src/play_controller.cpp:55: undefined reference to `soundsource::manager::~manager()'
src/play_controller.o(.text+0x2fd3): In function `ZN15play_controllerD0Ev':
src/play_controller.o(.text+0x450b): In function `ZN15play_controller13init_managersEv':
G:/Devel/wesnoth/src/play_controller.cpp:120: undefined reference to `soundsource::manager::manager(display const&)'
src/play_controller.o(.text+0x8e15): In function `ZN15play_controller10play_sliceEv':
G:/Devel/wesnoth/src/play_controller.cpp:638: undefined reference to `soundsource::manager::update()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
Zebulon
Art Developer

Post by Zebulon »

You need to add soundsource.cpp and soundsource.hpp to the project file.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Many thanks, i'm trying that right away =)

EDIT: thanks, everything worked perfectly!
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
spx2

Post by spx2 »

http://old.devpaks.org/list.php?category=SDL

here one might find some devpacks needed
also sdl_net is here in the following devpack
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/sdl/sdl-1.2.1 ... 060517.zip