Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Feedback for the mainline campaign Eastern Invasion.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

User avatar
zookeeper
WML Wizard
Posts: 9713
Joined: September 11th, 2004, 10:40 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by zookeeper » May 26th, 2015, 8:56 pm

greenghost2008 wrote:This Scenario seems broken. When ever I get my commander to the exit he would say something like,"made it" the mage guy would say,"get back here" and then I'd lose. I can't figure out how to get past this scenario because of this.
Who is "my commander"?

User avatar
max_torch
Posts: 274
Joined: July 31st, 2011, 5:54 pm
Location: Cavite, Philippines

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by max_torch » May 27th, 2015, 5:53 am

greenghost2008 wrote:This Scenario seems broken. When ever I get my commander to the exit he would say something like,"made it" the mage guy would say,"get back here" and then I'd lose. I can't figure out how to get past this scenario because of this.
You have to get the engineer, dacyn, and gweddry on the other side of the bridge all together at the same time then the engineer will ask you if you already want to blow up the bridge and when you say yes you win the scenario. You could look at one of the replays posted here in the thread as well.

User avatar
zookeeper
WML Wizard
Posts: 9713
Joined: September 11th, 2004, 10:40 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by zookeeper » May 27th, 2015, 6:08 am

max_torch wrote:You have to get the engineer, dacyn, and gweddry on the other side of the bridge all together at the same time then the engineer will ask you if you already want to blow up the bridge and when you say yes you win the scenario. You could look at one of the replays posted here in the thread as well.
That's the next scenario.

User avatar
taptap
Forum Regular
Posts: 980
Joined: October 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by taptap » May 27th, 2015, 10:04 am

Did you rescue your troops? (I played through the campaign incl. this scenario in the current version just a few days ago, it worked fine here.)
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.

Whiskeyjack
Posts: 374
Joined: February 7th, 2015, 1:27 am
Location: Germany

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by Whiskeyjack » July 10th, 2015, 11:52 pm

Hey,

I have a bug report:

On difficulty easy (and if the reason of the bug is the one I guess it is on medium as well) the disguising event does not work as intended. As you can see in the attached save file, I can almost clear the scenario without triggering the event, but then triggering it at a very inopportune time. I believe this is because the event has the [filter_condition] at lines 589-596 as follows:

Code: Select all

[filter_condition]
            [have_unit]
                type=Troll Warrior
                [filter_vision]
                    side=1
                [/filter_vision]
            [/have_unit]
        [/filter_condition]
But on easy and medium difficulty the guards are spawned as level two Trolls, not Troll Warrior´s. The reason for the late triggering would be that a Troll Warrior was finally spawned (and sighted) via enemy reinforcement.

Sorry if this is a somewhat clumsy report, this was my first real look at WML code.

PS: Are Mainline files protected against my meddling or do I have to look for another editor than Notepad++ as I was not allowed to change this line to test it for myself!?
Attachments
EI-Captured-Auto-Save39.gz
(77.59 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

User avatar
Ravana
Moderator
Posts: 1748
Joined: January 29th, 2012, 12:49 am
Location: Estonia

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by Ravana » July 11th, 2015, 12:25 am

That would depend on where you installed the game, default location is likely to require more permissions. Still it is your OS that can prevent modifying files, not wesnoth.

User avatar
zookeeper
WML Wizard
Posts: 9713
Joined: September 11th, 2004, 10:40 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by zookeeper » July 11th, 2015, 9:31 am

Whiskeyjack wrote:Hey,

I have a bug report:

On difficulty easy (and if the reason of the bug is the one I guess it is on medium as well) the disguising event does not work as intended. As you can see in the attached save file, I can almost clear the scenario without triggering the event, but then triggering it at a very inopportune time. I believe this is because the event has the [filter_condition] at lines 589-596 as follows:
Ohh, thanks a lot. That's a really unfortunate bug. :augh: It's fixed now (your suggested fix is correct) and will be in the next versions.

User avatar
Inky
Moderator
Posts: 488
Joined: September 22nd, 2014, 1:02 am
Location: USA

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by Inky » September 26th, 2015, 8:28 pm

(1) Level and version? Hard, 1.12.4
(2) Difficult? (1-10) 8
(3) Objectives? Clear.
(4) Dialog? Fine.
(5) Challenges? Protecting important units from troll warriors immediately after freeing everyone
(6) Fun? (1-10) 7
(7) Changes? The reinforcements at the end need to come more than 1-2 at a time or they aren't a threat, just free experience.
(8) Restarts? One (to start) - Lost way too many units to the troll warriors at the beginning. I then used a sacrificial dragoon strategy since I had a few 0xp dragoons from the capturing the ogres scenario.
Attachments
EI-Captured_replay.gz
(52.41 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Commented playthroughs with screenshots:
Let's Play Dead Water, Let's Play Invasion from the Unknown and Let's Play After the Storm (in progress)

Eptine
Posts: 17
Joined: April 18th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by Eptine » April 19th, 2016, 3:16 pm

Hey,
I think i have found one more bug with the disguise, when you get to the chamber where you can disguise one unit and choose Gweddry for disguise the scenario can't be finished anymore - if Gweddry gets to the end of the map to complete the scenario they are first happy that they could flee - and then the loose dialog plays and you loose the campain.
With any other unit it works, but if you choose gweddry it gets broken.
There should be something like Gweddry saing he won't use this crappy armor ^^

User avatar
zookeeper
WML Wizard
Posts: 9713
Joined: September 11th, 2004, 10:40 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by zookeeper » April 19th, 2016, 4:43 pm

Eptine wrote:Hey,
I think i have found one more bug with the disguise, when you get to the chamber where you can disguise one unit and choose Gweddry for disguise the scenario can't be finished anymore - if Gweddry gets to the end of the map to complete the scenario they are first happy that they could flee - and then the loose dialog plays and you loose the campain.
With any other unit it works, but if you choose gweddry it gets broken.
There should be something like Gweddry saing he won't use this crappy armor ^^
Could you post a savefile for that? Because it should not in any way be possible to be able to disguise Gweddry. I'm guessing you must be using an older Wesnoth version, but I don't really see how it'd be possible even then, unless you've done something strange using debug mode.

Eptine
Posts: 17
Joined: April 18th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by Eptine » April 19th, 2016, 10:00 pm

I used version 1.12.4 (was a couple of month ago) - i can't find the replay, but if you want i can play the map again and take a look if i can get there once again :)

User avatar
zookeeper
WML Wizard
Posts: 9713
Joined: September 11th, 2004, 10:40 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by zookeeper » April 19th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Eptine wrote:I used version 1.12.4 (was a couple of month ago) - i can't find the replay, but if you want i can play the map again and take a look if i can get there once again :)
Oh, wait. Were you playing on easy, somehow managed to get to one of the prison cells even though the trolls were attacking you, and after Gweddry and co were freed, you eventually spotted a Troll Warrior which was coming in from the east, at which point Gweddry ran all the way to the rubbish pile and put on the orc costume, and basically the dialogue didn't even make any sense in that context? Because if so then I can see how that can be possible on 1.12.4, but it was fixed in 1.12.5.

Eptine
Posts: 17
Joined: April 18th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by Eptine » April 19th, 2016, 10:38 pm

I just killed the troll with my archmage (never give me a arch mage) and yes thats what happened :) I couldn't go around this troll. ^^
Should i take a look if i can make it happen again or are you sure that it is fixed? :)
Updated to 1.12.5 in December 2015

User avatar
zookeeper
WML Wizard
Posts: 9713
Joined: September 11th, 2004, 10:40 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by zookeeper » April 19th, 2016, 10:50 pm

Eptine wrote:I just killed the troll with my archmage (never give me a arch mage) and yes thats what happened :) I couldn't go around this troll. ^^
Should i take a look if i can make it happen again or are you sure that it is fixed? :)
Updated to 1.12.5 in December 2015
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Restarting the scenario from the beginning-of-scenario save should fix the problem and allow the scenario to work as intended again.

wesleyli0
Posts: 4
Joined: June 14th, 2018, 5:30 am

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by wesleyli0 » June 14th, 2018, 6:00 am

None of my level 2/3 units shows up in the scenario, only one cell has units with level 1 recruits. please help

Post Reply