[Historical] Scenario Review - EI 12 - Captured

Feedback for the mainline campaign Eastern Invasion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wesleyli0

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by wesleyli0 »

None of my level 2/3 units shows up in the scenario, only one cell has units with level 1 recruits. please help
Landiss

Re: Scenario Review - EI: Captured

Post by Landiss »

This is a known bug and a fix is already created, but not yet live. You can manually fix it for yourself though.

Find the scenario file (in your Wesnoth directory\data\campaigns\Eastern_Invasion\scenarios) and either make changes in it yourself or replaced the file with the fixed one from github.

Here are the changes that fix the issue:
https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... d2192ab4f9

And here is the fixed file itself (you need to right click "raw" in top right corner and select "save target as..."):
https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob ... ptured.cfg
LordWolfDan

Re: Scenario Review - EI 12 - Captured

Post by LordWolfDan »

(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?

- 1.14.5, Easy

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

- Unclear at first as I had three of my units to lead the way until I rescued the prisoners. I immediately made a mad dash with Gweddry to the western gates while dispatching Orcish Warlord (when reinforcements arrived, I sacrificed one of my six shock troopers, while the other one became iron mauler)

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

- Better than the last scenario. I like this orc disguise moment.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

- Trying to get Gweddry to the exit before the arrival of reinforcements

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

- If you kill the orc leader, there should be a dying dialogue coming from him as he is the king of these orcs, no?
thebreider

Post by thebreider »

Hoping this gets seen because this thread seems to be not very active. I made an account to ask this question because I cannot figure it out.

My version is 1.14. When I play this scenario everything is fine until I go to the throne room with the disguise and want to unlock the cells. There is only one mounted unit in one of the cells. Its movement is so slow in the cave that its totally useless, but that doesn't necessarily matter. The part I cannot figure out is that as soon as I unlock the cell I gain control of my 3 leader units, but there is no possible way for them to survive. Any move I make results in one of them being swarmed by lvl 2 and 3 units and killed on the first turn. I have spent an hour trying different things but nothing has allowed me to live past the first turn of the leaders being under my control.

When I read everyone else on this thread talking about this scenario it seems like there are a lot more units for them than what I have. I cannot shield my leaders with other units because I only have 7 units in the scenario (3 original party, 3 leaders, 1 mounted unit in the cell). The mounted unit can't reach the leaders before they are swarmed by the trolls anyway.

I read that this may be a bug? I followed a previous reply to download a file and put it in the campaign folder in the Wesnoth directory, but when I went data> there was only one option: add-ons. There was no 'campaign' option like the previous post mentioned.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, or maybe I'm dumb, or maybe I'm just really bad at this game, but this scenario seems impossible.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I don't know about the scenario, but you can find where things are located by clicking the "i" on the lower left corner of the main menu and checking the "Game data" line. As for the bug mentioned above, that depends on which version of 1.14 you're using. The bugfix was committed on Jun 12th, but 1.14.5 was released on September 18th, so if you're using 1.14.5 you already have that fix.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?

Hard, 1.14.6

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Doubtable. An orc with bat pets discovers me and says nothing, sure.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

Surviving the first turn after opening all cells.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

Remove the Grunt who is a Bat tamer.
Attachments
EI-Captured replay.gz
(36.15 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
DEAD-HEAD

Post by DEAD-HEAD »

In 1.14.7 where to find Dacyn?
I am at The Duel still haven't found him
gamer&memer
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

DEAD-HEAD wrote: August 18th, 2019, 6:56 pm In 1.14.7 where to find Dacyn?
He should have been next to Gweddry and Owaec. Would you mind uploading your replay of EI 12 - Captured?
DEAD-HEAD

Post by DEAD-HEAD »

Konrad2 wrote: August 18th, 2019, 9:03 pm
DEAD-HEAD wrote: August 18th, 2019, 6:56 pm In 1.14.7 where to find Dacyn?
He should have been next to Gweddry and Owaec. Would you mind uploading your replay of EI 12 - Captured?
Now I have got Dacyn it was some bug from previous Scenario that I think unloaded Dacyn for this
gamer&memer