The Rise of Wesnoth 10 - Sewer of Southbay

Feedback for the mainline campaign The Rise of Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

The Rise of Wesnoth 10 - Sewer of Southbay

Post by Content Feedback »

(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

1. hard 112a
2. 7
3. clear enough
4. clear and interesting enough
5. Masses of red mages, that damn giant spider at the end, and the extremely unfriendly terrain.
6. 2. I just generally hate scenarios where your units crawl along at 1 or 2 hexes at a time.
7. It's an underground map... can't exactly change much about it.

Non-Level 1 Casualities:
1 trapper, 1 longbowman
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
Peidu

Post by Peidu »

Easy, 1.1.2a

5/10, one unit lost... The mages were a pain, but easy... The spider was killed in two truns by my Arch Mage and White Mage

Crystal Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
How come these weirdos were banished but didn't come up through the other entrance away from Southbay.

Killing the spider

4/10... I don't like slow moving maps

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Changed the terrain to some sort of fast underground terrain.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

SmokemJags wrote:7. It's an underground map... can't exactly change much about it.
Well, you can always add more dirt and sand and stuff so that your units sometimes move faster.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Caspian X

Post by Caspian X »

well i hated the giant spider.... but i killed the 2 enemy heroes getting a high mage ! So it as been a useful level for me
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Re: The Rise of Wesnoth: The Sewer

Post by Zhukov »

Medium difficulty, version 1.1.2a

6/10 - slow moving, magical enemies, didn't recall right troops

Fine fine (silly question, they're always clear).

Liked it. Although the idea of a couple of mages being banished to the sewers seems a little...unusual.

One word: mages.

6/10 - All the mages and the bad terrain made it a little annoying.

More dirt for better movement.
Lord Jevyan

Post by Lord Jevyan »

(1) 1.0.2 medium level.
(2) 7. Many red mages... and that spider was scary
(3) Clear. I reached all of them
(4) Nothing special
(5) Killing the spider
(6) 8. It's a hard level and the spider is like a Boss.
(7) More gold when you kill both Archmages...
Hasta la vittoria per Wesnoth, siempre!
Skyhunter

Post by Skyhunter »

1.3 medium
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10) (3)
This was one chill out map, I didn't lost any unit, and is really ok map

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario? Nice
Theres been a little problem when my left side party got in a bad terrain, and the lich there is much stronger than the right one.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10) (8)

Absolutely nothing it is a good map, probably one of my favorites in this campaign.
cph

Post by cph »

1) Medium, 1.2.4
2) 4
3) Clear
4) Good
5) Just have to be careful around the enemy fire mages. And the spider.
6) 6
7) -
8 ) start gold ~850
RokStar

Post by RokStar »

Hard, 1.3.2
1 to 8 depending on the AI recruitment
very
clear enough
if the mages start to recruit mages and you are not near his castle it is really hard...
-
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I just generally hate scenarios where your units crawl along at 1 or 2 hexes at a time.
I can agree partially :)
It depends on the scenario. The ones where I was hunted with mass units was quite fun.

But those scenarios where I have to move my units tediously towards a goal, is rather annoying, since it just takes time without much real action or need on my part to think about it at all :(
Isen

Post by Isen »

1.2.3, Hard

I was a bit lost as to where I was supposed to get Haldric, but I guess that's intentional.

Two token villains after a mysterious gem. It's fine, but some more dialogue from their quarter would be useful. And as with the previous level, some dialogue after the two are taken down would be helpful to mark the "heroic" requirements.

"It would not be very heroic if Haldric wasn't the one to lead the party out of the sewers, now would it?"
hehe

I sent a minimalist force to the eastern mage: an Archmage, a footpad and a heavy infantry (yes, I brought one with me), which did fine for a while, simply by taking it slowly and picking off his minions. But when my main force took out the other mage, I'm guessing he got a gold boost because he went berserk and started spawning all these bats and magi. They ate my footpad and would have got the heavy infantry too if it weren't for the fact that he was almost levelled. I only just managed to take him down. Also, scorpions are surprisingly strong.

6. Dislike dungeon crawls, generally.

More dirt on the map.
Foolish_Fury

Post by Foolish_Fury »

1) 1.2.8, easy
2) 8/10
3) fine.
4) good.
5) Red mages killing off all my leveled up units.
6) 2. I'm not a big fan of sewer battles.
7) Nothing.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

hard 1.4-1
10!!!! WTF!!! Read (5)
Clear, but bugged? It says defeat both brothers and escape... but in the end, I only killed 1 and escaped.
It's pretty plain... and seems like an unnecessary scenario.
Ok... this scenario is seriously freaking impossible for me... (although above guys finished it on hard. lol) Up to this point, I didn't really make too many mages, so I'm lacking some pure power house damagers to begin with. I'm not about to start the entire campaign over. So, I got mostly chaotic units to deal with it and 1 arch mage + white + starter units. I also had minimum cash (ie 100), so I barely had any units. Honestly, with such few units I had, I couldn't even really spare 1 unit for death. Every small path, took literally forever to plow through b/c there's absolutely no space to move to. The enemies were hitting me from back from brother on the east with enemies crawling thru the cracks and front endlessly and I couldn't even progress no matter how much damage I do. Splitting my forces to hit both brothers at once was a suicide. I did finally push enough to kill the first brother around turn ~15 after several tries. Then, another 10 turns barely moving thru that 1 space large spot... Thank god I at least had one arch mage... There was literally lines of enemies piled up in that small hole with me. Then the lovely spider pops out (which was actually not a problem compared to the huge army they were dishing on me). I managed to push thru to the east brother from the back ~ turn 36.... Yes... it ends at 36... I could see him, but not get to him. This was my 7th game or something already and loaded each turns like 10 times xD. Then I just moved my haldric to the exit and it ended without killing the 2nd brother. o.O I thought I was supposed to kill both. Anyways, that's how I won...?
2 >.> I really hate narrow paths where enemies are constantly flooded.
Make the so called "open" path more open... It's way too cramped and way too many places with only 1 square spot. More starter cash and/or less east brother's unit #s....
Mac

Post by Mac »

1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on? Normal +Hard
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10) 4 lots of lvl 2's and 3's made it a walk over
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives? Easy to follow
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario? It was good but more backstory should be added for the mages
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario? None, white mages kept my units healthy.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10) 5
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun? Secret area on map should be accessible somehow, more storyline/alternate plotline for the mages.

Not too bad a scenario