Scenario Review: Liberty 8 - Glory

Feedback for the mainline campaign Liberty.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Konrad2
Forum Regular

Re: Scenario Review: Liberty 8 - Glory

Post by Konrad2 » May 9th, 2018, 11:11 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

Difficult, 1.14.0

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Very much.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

I liked it.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

Weird ally behavior. (Minor Challenge at most.)

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

Some interactions between the Elensefar riders and Baldras.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

No.
Attachments
Liberty-Glory replay.gz
I ordered Helicrom to be defensive and to focus on protecting me. He sure doesn't know what that means.
(65.84 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.

LordWolfDan

Post by LordWolfDan » October 26th, 2018, 5:53 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

- 1.14.5, Easy

- Clear, destroy the supports to take down Halstead

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

- Love it. Along with HttT so far, this has to be one of the best endings in Wesnoth campaign. Where TSG failed after building a promising story, Libery redeemed it with this one and made one of the best endings. Plus the after level narration is good. The village does get sadly burned down, yet it shows the fear given by the people of Wesnoth who were forced to become outlaws for the greater good of kingdom

- Royal guards, yet if they weren't too suicidal, it'd have been much more challenging.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

- Make Dommel and Royal Guards less sucidial by not going on the field but to stay behind the lines in the forts.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

- No

YanTanTethera

Post by YanTanTethera » January 3rd, 2019, 4:45 pm

Difficult, version 1.14.5.

4. With the help of the shadow mages, the Elensefarians and the orcs the defenders of the fortress were so distracted, that they opened up holes in their defense through which my outlaws and fugitives could easily sneak in order to blow up the fortress. I remember from former playthroughs, that without the help of the mages the scenario was a lot more difficult.

It would be nice to write the way to destroy the fortress into the objectives.

I found it both clear and interesting, although I would have wished for an earlier hint on some secret knowledge on how to destroy the fortress. Otherwise it seems like sheer madness, that Baldras marches his troops there. A second remark: maybe the orc army is a bit over the top, given the fact that orcs were fighting on the queen’s side before (Scenario 3 – A strategy of hope)

Uhm, finding gaps in the defensive lines for my outlaws to pass through. But I found them.

7, since it is an interesting task to sneak units through enemy ranks like that. And blowing up a fortress, too.

Maybe remove the orc army and make the Elensefarian knights a bit stronger instead.

No, there wasn’t, since Harper’s dead does not result in a lost game here. He did sadly not return from his venture into the fortress catacombs.

josteph
Developer

Post by josteph » January 3rd, 2019, 6:12 pm

YanTanTethera wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 4:45 pm
A second remark: maybe the orc army is a bit over the top, given the fact that orcs were fighting on the queen’s side before (Scenario 3 – A strategy of hope)
It might be a different tribe than the one that's in Asheviere's service. It's not unusual for different orcish tribes to be on different sides.

YanTanTethera

Post by YanTanTethera » January 3rd, 2019, 7:19 pm

Thanks for the remark, I did not look at it like that before.

romans1x20

Post by romans1x20 » January 11th, 2019, 6:33 pm

My strategy is just divide my man heading east and west, storming the west together with horses. For the tunnels in the east I actually sneak in by the passable mountain tile, instead of the main gate. That saves lots of trouble as tough loyalists are gathering at the gate for the orcs. Don't know why the royal guard go out to slay the orcs. Finish in 14th turn.

normal

5 as no need to conserve units
350 gold
can recruit mages, no mage ally

ok

Very good. Epic battle of heir to throne, in contrast this a epic sneak. Suits the outlaw very much.

tough guards blocking the way

no
no