Scenario Review: Liberty 7 - The Hunters

Feedback for the mainline campaign Liberty.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

fareley

Re: Scenario Review: Liberty 7 - The Hunters

Post by fareley » January 1st, 2015, 6:57 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
1.12.0 Hard no reloads

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Pretty unclear actually. It says "another platoon arrives". Does it imply more platoons will follow? Why can't I fight the platoon head on? What happens if it joins forces with the main army?

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
See (3)

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Nothing really. Recruited enough cannon fodder along with some quality units, leveled up some melee units as you can probably recruit/recall enough Outlaws on the last scenario anyway.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
4 - It is somewhat confusing and even the big scary army poses no threat at night in the open.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Not sure actually. Make the killing of platoons more interesting? Give the big scary army some tents?

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
Went right through on the first attempt without any trouble (losing one or the other unit isn't trouble if you still end up with plenty leveled units and don't lose important ones).

(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
Attachments
Liberty-The_Hunters_replay.gz
(42.22 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

tr0ll

Post by tr0ll » November 14th, 2016, 2:20 am

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

1.13.6 normal

very

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

good

order of recall/recruit so that troops are placed properly to stop movement of enemy

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

add a random villager interaction

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

no
Attachments
Liberty-The_Hunters_replay.gz
(30.04 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

Konrad2

Post by Konrad2 » May 9th, 2018, 11:06 pm

1.14.0, Difficult

4 (Probably because I had so much leftover gold from grey woods)

Very much.

I liked it. :)

None.

Make another platoon arrive (just like they do in the next scenario, like, why shouldn't they be arriving?)
And maybe add a random village(r) interaction, just like the Troll before me said. :D

No.
Attachments
Liberty-The Hunters replay.gz
(29.49 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.