Scenario Review: Liberty 5 - Hide and Seek

Feedback for the mainline campaign Liberty.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Inky

Re: Scenario Review: Liberty 5 - Hide and Seek

Post by Inky » December 2nd, 2015, 8:54 pm

shadow12 wrote:Harper's larger range of site into the fog was a hinderance, it just alerted the enemy.
The idea of this scenario is to use Harper to scout the way for Baldras. Whether or not you're spotted depends on the enemies' sight ranges, not your own. If you made it through with Baldras, you should have had no problem having Harper follow the same route.

Use ctrl + B to show the enemy movement ranges and remember that their sight range is one hex further than their movement range.

Hope this helps!

shadow12

Post by shadow12 » December 3rd, 2015, 8:35 am

Inky wrote:
shadow12 wrote:Harper's larger range of site into the fog was a hinderance, it just alerted the enemy.
The idea of this scenario is to use Harper to scout the way for Baldras. Whether or not you're spotted depends on the enemies' sight ranges, not your own. If you made it through with Baldras, you should have had no problem having Harper follow the same route.

Use ctrl + B to show the enemy movement ranges and remember that their sight range is one hex further than their movement range.

Hope this helps!
Yes, thank you for the reply! It was very helpful.

You are correct that the dialog says to move the younger Harper ahead to scout, but you don't really have to do anything with him. When Harper moves to the signpost, Hans tells him "You can come if you wish, but the leader is only interested in speaking to Baldras." It didn't work for me to have them follow the same path. One time Harper stopped on a hex and was ok, but Baldras couldn't stop behind him or beside him because he would be in an enemy's sight range so he went east and got on a different route. Sometimes Harper could get past an enemy sight range with 7 moves, but Baldras couldn't move as far (5) and would have to find a different path to get through. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but for me it was easier to leave Harper behind.

I can't do ctrl+b because I'm using iOS. But the enemy's movement range shows when I highlight an individual. Is that the same as ctrl+b in windows? I am still learning all this stuff ...

Edit: (also made some changes to the paragraph above).
I just replayed it and now I see what you are saying about the enemy's sight range triggering the attack, just like (duh) in all the other scenarios. I was wrong thinking it was my movement range triggering it. For some reason, I thought it was like they were asleep and they awoke when our range hit them. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.

tr0ll

Post by tr0ll » November 14th, 2016, 2:13 am

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

1.13.6 normal

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

very

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

clear but silent

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

none

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

3 it is a maze scenario

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

add a wandering patrol

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

no
Attachments
Liberty-Hide_and_Seek_replay.gz
(19.94 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Konrad2
Forum Regular

Post by Konrad2 » May 9th, 2018, 11:56 am

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

1.14.0, Difficult

Pretty much.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Interesting and clear.

-

4, because there is only one viable route. It's a unique concept, but it's a bad maze.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

Make the patrols move a bit.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

Accidentally being discovered when I didn't pay attention.
Attachments
Liberty-Hide and Seek replay.gz
(19.73 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.

LordWolfDan

Post by LordWolfDan » October 25th, 2018, 4:04 pm

- 1.14.5, Beginner

- Clear, get to the signpost on SE

- Very good. Baldras and Harper's uncle-nephew relationship really stands out how good it is

- Trying to avoid being seen by guards. I had to kill two iron maulers who were on my way (ended up leveling Harper to fugitive)

- I like it the way it stands

- No