Scenario Review: Liberty 3 - A Strategy of Hope

Feedback for the mainline campaign Liberty.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Linthar

Re: Scenario Review: Liberty 3 - A Strategy of Hope

Post by Linthar » August 7th, 2014, 3:11 am

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
1.10.7 Difficult

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Things start to get interesting around this point. The changing of the names of all the unit types from the custom names used for the previous two maps to the generic outlaw units was a really nice touch as well.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
It's a two front battle against a large force of level 1 orcs and a small force of level 2 saurians. It could have been rough, except there was plenty of good defensive terrain to fight the orcs in, and my ally was capable of holding off the saurians long enough for me to defeat the orcs and bring my army to bear.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
7. It's a good solid battle.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
It's fine as it is.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No.

fareley

Post by fareley » January 1st, 2015, 6:26 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
1.12.0 Hard no reloads

Solid 7. The saurians killed my ally every single time I left them alone to play (more or less fast depending on if my ally starts recruiting a T3 unit). But giving up 3 Footpads and Harper left me vulnerable on the orc frontier. As it turned out recruiting nothing but Poachers to make use of the terrain (Thugs just die way too fast) finally did the job.

Clear enough.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
They were okay I guess. It was interesting to have a saurian and an orc join forces to take care of some bandits, but it was fine.

Not having the orc front crumble while part of the money flows towards keeping the saurians in check.

7 - it can be a real challenge but I really dig the terrain where you fight against the orcs. Swamp is fun :)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Give the ally a reliable better initial recruitment. Maybe swap places with the ally and have him help against the orcs where his arrows actually make sense.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
Lucky orcs during the night. Orcs in general just smashing through one part of the defense and everything died.

(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
Attachments
Liberty-A_Strategy_of_Hope_replay.gz
(38.9 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

tr0ll

Post by tr0ll » November 14th, 2016, 2:07 am

1.13.6 normal

very

only intro and outro, no dialog, straightforward.

none

smaller map or add some incventive to get to the far corners

no
Attachments
Liberty-A_Strategy_of_Hope_replay.gz
(28.73 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Konrad2
Forum Regular

Post by Konrad2 » May 9th, 2018, 8:30 am

Difficult, 1.14.0

Absolutely.

Straightforward. Clear, but not the most intersting.

Knowing when my lines would break if I try to hold them.

-

-
Attachments
Liberty-A Strategy of Hope replay.gz
(34.59 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.

LordWolfDan

Post by LordWolfDan » October 24th, 2018, 10:20 am

- 1.14.5, Easy

- Clear, kill the enemy leaders

- It's good, I say. When you kill both leaders, I like how Baldras is concerned by the fact that orcs are now under queen's orders

- None really. I only sent two bandits and Harper (who's outlaw by this scenario) against saurians while the rest of army went against orcs

- Killing either enemy leader would make the other one get more income so there's a bigger challenge

- None