South Guard 2. Proven by the Sword

Feedback for the mainline campaign The South Guard.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Re: South Guard 2. Proven by the Sword

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth » July 20th, 2019, 5:15 pm

wrote:(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
1.14.7 on Solider/Normal.
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
3. It was pretty easy, you can overwhelm the footpads between you and Westin early on, and then you've got a nice defensible castle on the river to hold off the first wave of undead. The main challenge was actually hitting the thieves in Westin on the 70% defence terrain, but with the free White Mage that can be dealt with simply enough.
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Very clear.
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Well-written and clear. The character of Sir Loris is pretty well built up for someone who never appears on screen, and I like how he's used as a contrast to Deoran's more charismatic, dedicated style.
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Dealing with the thieves in Westin. Elusivefoot on castles, oh my.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
7. It's simple, it's fun enough. I'm not a big fan of fighting undead with only pierce attacks really available, but having two leadership units and a healer (Deoran, Gerrick, Hylas) who also happen to have anti-undead attacks presented some interesting choices on how to position them. And free loyal units are always nice, even if they are just peasants.
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
I don't think much needs to change.
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.