when would 1.1.1 be released on windows???

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
kotzpogi

when would 1.1.1 be released on windows???

Post by kotzpogi »

just asking, because i can't play until it is released on windows
(*-*)
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

IIRwIIR ...
Probably soon since i know at least 2 people that started to try to compile it for Windows.
SkullCollector

Post by SkullCollector »

hey dudes ı cant run 1.1.1 coz is it for mac or isnt for windows? if it is ı hope the one which is for windows will soon release :?:
appleide

Post by appleide »

huh? Its source right now... So any computer with good enough resources can run it, provided that you can compile it yourself. But you only have to wait a couple of days and it'll be out for windows. :wink:

If only the mac package could come sooner than that...
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
arno

Post by arno »

appleide wrote:
If only the mac package could come sooner than that...
8)
scott

Post by scott »

In another thread, I wrote: It sounds like you downloaded the source code.

To get it working, you would need to compile it... which is possible but not simple.

The other way is to wait for someone else to compile it and upload their exe to the homepage.

The project only releases the source code and volunteers from the BFW community build it for everyone. Yogi is the person who did the last couple of builds for Windows. I'm sure he's working on getting it packaged nicely.
Patience!
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
kotzpogi

Post by kotzpogi »

oh well, guess ill have to wait XD
(*-*)
Neikius

Post by Neikius »

Well I tried http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CompilingWesnothOnWindows but it does not actually work. I don't understand this jam thing, what does it do, how does it do it? Can I force the verbose output? I mean I cant do a s*** with this, really. I will try to do it via ./config and make now, but can this work in msys or cygwin? Never done it before... linux is so much easier :D

edit: well I still get pathing errors, the thing doesn't seem to find /include dirs...

edit2 : well, this is hell, ./configure says I don't have SDL_image (something not set up as in linux, ah well), and jam just breaks a string of errors (it probably doesn't support correct include paths for sdl, but I am sure I did ok). Now I did compile by hand, all the files (I must learn sed soon:D)... and now I get error while linking... multiple definitions of everything in string_utilities.cpp... gah...

-- that post below is mine, I just didn't notice I've been logged out

edit3: well, this is the first error :

Code: Select all

color_range.o:color_range.cpp:(.text+0x100): multiple definition of `string2rgb(std::string)'
color_range.o:color_range.cpp:(.text+0x100): first defined here
its possible that all next errors are triggered by this so I want to get down to this :D what do you suggest?[/code]
Last edited by Neikius on February 9th, 2006, 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

well, this is hell, ./configure says I don't have SDL_image (something not set up as in linux, ah well), and jam just breaks a string of errors (it probably doesn't support correct include paths for sdl, but I am sure I did ok). Now I did compile by hand, all the files (I must learn sed soon:D)... and now I get error while linking... multiple declarations of everything in string_utilities.cpp... gah
Anyar

Post by Anyar »

I get this error when compiling(not configuring though) I think I may have to add some flags to configure to make it detect a fink installed gettext, but i currently have no idea what to do.

Code: Select all

make[2]: make[2]: *** No rule to make target `utils/wmlxgettext', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
Even as the fingers of the two hands are equal, so are human beings equal to one another. No one has any right, nor any preference to claim over another. You are brothers. - Muhammed
Neikius

Post by Neikius »

now this is funny :D Somehow a striking idea came to my mind, what if I have one object file listed twice? And there I was laughing to myself removing the twice listed file... AUTOMAKE why hath thou forsaken me?

Now I have 10 meg exe sitting on my disk... it claims not to be able to find libpng dll :D When/if i settle this out I will post the exe.
Neikius

Post by Neikius »

Now, I got the binary, but I don't have any space to upload it to. Its about 5 MB in size... help?

edit: well its 2 megs... wah

edit2: here it is, I hope it serves the purpose... and don't forget to get the official version when it comes out.
wesnoth 1.1.1 win32 binary
edit3: UPDATED the archive to contain more dlls. Report if there is still anything missing.

On a sidenote http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CompilingWesnothOnWindows <- this helped, but in the end I had to compile manually (I used the library data and file data from makefiles to get it work), as opposed to linux's out of the box compilations... I've gotten spoiled :D
Last edited by Neikius on February 9th, 2006, 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tester

Post by Tester »

Hey Neikius, great effort :lol:

It actually worked ...

... about 20 secs :wink: after i copied the .dll's from 1.1

It was considerably slower as far as i could judge, and the MP lobby was wholly empty

:lol:

It crashed (froze my system) when i tried to open a game.

Was fun anyway. Nice readme "I provide no support for this package or any of the effects it might cause." :lol:

Post by Guest »

Well, for one, language support is not working, there is probably more, but I can at least join and create MP games... If the game crashes for you there is nothing I can do, just wait till the official one arrives :D Or you might inspect stderr.txt to see what is the problem.

About the libs, well which were still missing? I am not exactly sure what was linked dynamically and what statically :oops: so if you know the names just tell. I've included 3 files for which it complained to me... I probably have more libs installed on system and I didn't gett all errors :D You could be crasihing becouse of an outdated dll...
Neikius

Post by Neikius »

The above post is mine... sorry.

as for language support, just copy your po folder from the old installation to the new one. It should work at least partially (stability questionable).

Can someone from linux/mac with a working thing post their po folder? I think it would be pretty much the same, at least I can try :D I can't build that on windows without a ton of new utilities (or at least I am not aware of a way to do it).

edit: updated binary (I think all dll's are included now, and the correct versions too I hope) - just see some posts above for download link.