the game hates me! literally!

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
steelfist

the game hates me! literally!

Post by steelfist »

every time it's my turn, i always have a rotten luck in the campaign. when it said that thunderers have 60 % chance of hitting the target, in my experience it's more like 30 %. once, it took 4 thunderers to make one hit. and then, afterwards the trolls would have 3 hits out of 4 on my poor drawf and he dies. and this isn't just an instance, it happens ALL the time. everytime to be precise. once, delfador didn't hit once with his lightning strike, and in the next turn, he only gets 2. my mages and white mages only hit 50% of the time, and i'm getting annoyed at the game. maybe halfing the damage it takes for all units and doubling the the amount of hits each might help relieve this problem a bit. it it me? or my rotten luck?
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Don't use thunderers' ranged attacks unless you can afford it.

If it says 60% chance to hit that's still pretty damned similar to flipping a coin for one attack. Do you want to rely on a coin toss?

There's a branch version of Wesnoth 1.0 that uses a different ruleset, but sadly it's only for linux.

:(
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Kestenvarn wrote:but sadly it's only for linux.
False, you can use it under win too if you know how to compile it.
steelfist

Post by steelfist »

oh well, i would like more of a -+-+-+-+-+ kind of playing other than --------++++++ and then -+++++ and then -----+ you know, more of an even fair balanced gameplay.

for example, if a move of 70% misses, the next one will surely make it, and if 30% makes it, the next one won't. and that actually should be even for 50% chances too.

so, therefore i mean, unlike flipping a coin, the chances and hits would be affected by the previous roll, and that should sort out the unfair gameplay that i recieve most of the time.

"my" delfador just missed 2 times, and the next 3 times on the map: "the scepture of fire", even though it's a magical attack! my gyphron rider once missed twice in a row when it's 90% probability of hits. and i also looked at the enemie luck, and it's much better. most of their enemies would hit a lot more than me even though i had the more favorable terrain.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

FPI wrote:* There should be a 'deterministic', 'non random' mode
Background: some people, apparently frustrated at losing their units in random battles, feel that there should be a non-random way of playing the game.
Result: the developers feel that randomness is a large part of the game, and that taking the randomness out of the game would be somewhat akin to taking the randomness out of most card games.
And that's all about this.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit