Bug in Level Advancement

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Durandal

Bug in Level Advancement

Post by Durandal »

Hey, I've been playing a little while, and I just noticed an odd bug. I haven't tested it with every unit, so I'm not certain it's all that widespread, but I figured I would report it.

After one of my Shock Troopers Advanced to an Iron Mauler, he lost one of his traits. Namely, while he was both Quick and Intelligent, when he became an Iron Mauler he had both traits listed, but his movement was the standard 4, not five. In the next scenario, he was again able to move 5.

This occured in the scenario "Xenophobia" during "The Eastern Invasion".

Obviously, this is not exactly game-breaking, but it would be very annoying to need just a bit more movement per turn to get out under the time limit, and be held back by a unit that should be on the front lines.

Although I have to say I'm freaking impressed, this is the only actual "bug" I've experienced playing this game, which is really really impressive for something so collaborative and gigantic.
"Good poets borrow, great poets steal" - Durandal
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

If you are sure the unit really was unable to move and was not being obstructed by terrain or enemy zones of control, then please post a replay of the game, and some details of the version of the game you are playing.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Oh, this is embarrassing. Looked back at the scenario a third time, and it was a mis-reading of the unit description on my part... which... which was probably caused by a bug!

Because I don't make mistakes.

Heh. Well, then. Congrats, this remains the only non-buggy game I've ever played.
"Good poets borrow, great poets steal" - Durandal
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Non-buggy? Hmm: http://bugs.wesnoth.org/
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
HaJo
Inactive Developer

Post by HaJo »

In v1.0, I encountered another bug concerning leveling:
I fight against the lonely enemy leader, who has only a few HP left after my round.
During his round, he attacks my druid, who is close to leveling.
The enemy leader gets killed from the druid striking back, so the scenario ends.
My druid gets her XP, which is more than the amount required for leveling,
but she does not advance.
In the next scenario, she is listed with "XP: 83/80", and levels only after gaining one more XP.
-HaJo
scott

Post by scott »

If what you say is true, then this is an improvement over the old behavior, which was to not let you choose which advancement you received. I haven't observed this, but under the old way you would have been stuck with a druid even if you wanted a sorceress.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.

Post by Guest »

scott wrote:this is an improvement over the old behavior,
When did it change ?
HaJo
Inactive Developer

Post by HaJo »

HaJo wrote:My druid gets her XP, which is more than the amount required for leveling, but she does not advance.
In the next scenario, she is listed with "XP: 83/80"
See https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=3802
-HaJo