Lost of holy water in Valley of death

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Christophe33

Lost of holy water in Valley of death

Post by Christophe33 »

I'm playing the version 0.6.9.9.2 under Mac OS10.2.4 at difficulty medium. In the Scenario valley of death, I had a unit take the holy water but it seems to keep the "holy" attack for only one turn... the next turn it is lost even before he can use it.
Does anyone observed the same thing?
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

I am using MacOS X 10.2.7 and I have noticed a related problem.
Whenever I save and reload, the holy water disappears.

It also disappears when the unit is promoted to the next level.

Minor problem though - my personal experience is that the holy water is not worth it - a single unit sent out to get it usually dies from being outnumbered and it's too expensive to send out a group for that limited advantage.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I have committed a change to CVS which fixes this problem....
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

Glad to know it's going be to be fixed. or the momment I will have to adapt my strategy and not bother getting the holy water.
For Blackjack: Holy water is actually fairly usefull in the hand of a unit with many of weak attack. I usally send a elf scout/rider to get the holy water on the north west side and then use the unit to kill isolated ghost before coming back to the main group. The south east one is easier to go. I wanted to get m rogue to get tha one to see the effect of an holy backstab...should be quite devastating.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
Dobob

Post by Dobob »

Christophe33 wrote:I wanted to get m rogue to get tha one to see the effect of an holy backstab...should be quite devastating.
I once did it (in an older version where units kept the holy water after the level) and my rogue very quickly raised to assassin. It was not a matter of backstab, but more of a elusive foot + lots of walking corpses :roll: ...