Plagued gryphon just dying...

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
crion

Plagued gryphon just dying...

Post by crion »

If a "shifting corpse" ("Wandelnde Leiche" in German) kills a gryphon-rider, that that unit just dies. If that corpse kills a horse rider, it turns into an undead horse rider. Is that a bug or a (odd) feature? thanks!
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Re: Plagued gryphon just dying...

Post by Darth Fool »

crion wrote:If a "shifting corpse" ("Wandelnde Leiche" in German) kills a gryphon-rider, that that unit just dies. If that corpse kills a horse rider, it turns into an undead horse rider. Is that a bug or a (odd) feature? thanks!
Hmm... this is definitely a bug, although I can't recreate it. For me the gryphon-rider is turned into a mounted version of the 'walking corpse'. When testing it I also noted that the gryphon-master changed into the normal version of the 'walking corpse', so that has been fixed in CVS.
scott

Post by scott »

Not that this applies to the topic, but it would be cool to have a wingless (or stub-winged) zombie gryphon that acts like the mounted wc. It could be mounted or unmounted depending on which unit it came from.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

scott wrote:Not that this applies to the topic, but it would be cool to have a wingless (or stub-winged) zombie gryphon that acts like the mounted wc. It could be mounted or unmounted depending on which unit it came from.
All we need is the completed artwork. With a pending string freeze, however, it would need to be done soon if it the necessary changes to the unit file was to be incorporated into v1.0
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

This would be a bug, but perhaps the gryphon rider was in a village when it was killed?
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.