switching view between dead sides

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
GungHo

switching view between dead sides

Post by GungHo »

Hi!

Imagine multiplayer game with fog of war and FFA, lets say it is Auction-X-map. The host controls the 1st side. The 2nd side has lost his leader and left the game. If host droids the 2nd side his view will be changed to the droided 2nd side and he will see it's turns and not see his own 1st side's position between turns. What should host do to not see the 2nd side's AI turns and see only his side btwn turns?
enclave

Re: switching view between dead sides

Post by enclave »

Hi GungHo, I agree with you, it's stupid new way of droiding sides in 1.14, I mentioned it some time ago but received absolute 0 replies.. Im very very surprised that nearly nobody talks about it, as I find the problem really really huge.. but well.. looks like most people don't care.

As far as I know, host can not do anything with this problem at the moment. Although, you could save game and reload, it would solve the problem, but there is a chance to lose all or some players while trying to arrange a reload, people not always rejoin or understand why reload is happening..

My own add-on has built-in droid/undroid right-click menu, so code-wise the problem is very easy to solve.

If you like I will create an add-on that you could use as a modification in your games and it would enable proper droiding sides (where you would see only your side and not AI or dead side after end turn), the only downside is that as far as I know there is no way to determine which player is currently a "host", so you would have to input your name in settings when hosting your auction-x. You are to be honest probably the first person who talks about it..

No idea why developers decided to disable normal droiding/undroiding sides as it was in all pre1.14 versions, I don't want to insult anyone, they doing great job, im really really happy with wesnoth, but this decision just does NOT make any earth-human sense.. just no reason for it to be like that.. it just makes players suffer for absolute NO reason.. forgive me for being honest.. it's just my neutral opinion..
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Thank you for answers guys. Now i see the situation much more clearly. I thought that I did not understand something.

enclave, if you are going to solve this problem with addon or by any other means I will be just happy ))