Black display/screen

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Hanry

Black display/screen

Post by Hanry »

Hi, every time i want to watch someone's game i only can see black screen(but i am in the game, can hear sounds and see falgs-whos turn is..but thats only i can see) ? Can you help me how to set the configuration (I have never had that problem before) ? Thx. Hanry
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Black display/screen

Post by Pentarctagon »

Please include the information listed here: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25660
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
enclave

Post by enclave »

Hi Hanry, I don't know if it helps, but your problem sounds like you are observing the game "blindfolded", this mayhave happened if you accidently scrolled the dropdown list of observing options in the lobby. Try to check all drop down lists in LOBBY, make sure none of them saying "Enter Blindfolded", it normaly by default should say "Normal Replays". Otheriwse everything is black until host gives you control. This option is there to (a) speed up replays (b) protect you from seeing enemy positions and units.. Useful if you want to play fair, when you disconnected and re-enter the game without desire to spy on enemy for your benefit.
Hanry

Post by Hanry »

Thank you guys, it was really easy to fix that issue. I had no idea there are choices like that (fair play choices as a watcher).
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

@enclave That's a great tip, I didn't know that. Is that documented in the in-game help, or in a tooltip, or something?