failed to login..

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
NotTalking

failed to login..

Post by NotTalking »

was trying to login with different names after game stopped responding and logout, all fail with this message:
w.jpg
Downloading wesnoth 1.14.5 will reboot pc and try again.. restarting wesnoth didnt help.

ideas? could be a sign of hard drive failing?
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: failed to login..

Post by Iris »

We had a brief maintenance window about 30-40 minutes ago which apparently caused the MP server to become confused and lose access to the database. It should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(This error refers to a purely server-side issue. Perhaps we ought to clarify that in the displayed text.)

Also, you probably want to change your password since you just disclosed its length.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
enclave

Post by enclave »

i still couldnt login later, even with 1.14.5 installed new. But then i closed wesnoth and deleted cache.. C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14\cache
opened wesnoth and login no problems.. no idea what fixed the issue, the end of maintenance + restart wesnoth or purely deleting the cache..
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

To clarify, I fixed the issue just a minute before posting, so if you were trying to login before that you would definitely not be able to log in at all.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Szleps

Post by Szleps »

hello i got same problem so what can i do ?