Save the Saves?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
kartacha

Save the Saves?

Post by kartacha »

Heya, Guys,
I want to download and use the Steam version as I guess I can use my savefiles throughout multiple devices. However, I started a campaign to go through all 17 campaigns and have the golden garland for each one. I am recording my jorney and broadcasting it on my YouTube channel even. I am already 7 campaigns is.
How can I do that? Where are the save files in the usual 1.13 version and how to port them to my new Steam 1.14? Also, how to port the golden garland from 1.14's exclusive campaign I already have? I may load my last turn and just finish it to get it. It may be a proper solution. But where to find the save files there as well?
kartacha

Re: Save the Saves?

Post by kartacha »

So I just port the whole directory? And what about the single campaign from my 1.14 version?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Never finished core campaign, no idea how they work.
enclave

Post by enclave »

kartacha wrote: July 13th, 2018, 10:40 am But where to find the save files there as well?
No idea if link provided by Ravana is up to date with 1.14 so here is where the savefile are kept on my computer: C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14\saves
Same as Ravana I have no idea how campaigns savefiles are recorded and where they are kept, sorry..
Hope somebody else can say..
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

The list of completed campaigns is stored in the preferences file, as are the lists of units and terrains that you've discovered.
kartacha

Post by kartacha »

I managed to do it. Let's close this one!