Konrad moves without my telling him to

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
skinback

Konrad moves without my telling him to

Post by skinback »

In at least two scenarios (Seige of Elf*whatsit* and Bay of Pearls) Konrad moves on the first turn without my doing anything. If I don't click on him to move him back to the Keep, he'll continue moving away from the keep through each turn. If I click on him I can see the little feet indicating movement although I haven't specified that he move.

This is normal?
azlan

Moving bug..

Post by azlan »

I have this problem to.. On 2:nd scenarion.. But it was Delfador.. I used the Keybord button to see where he was going.. And it was top left..

Hope a fix is comming.. :)
|----------------------|
| The Lion is Back |
|----------------------|
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Could someone please send me a save that contains this bug?

davidnwhite@optusnet.com.au
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
skinback

Post by skinback »

Dave wrote:Could someone please send me a save that contains this bug?
Where are the saves? Mac OS X
Integral

Re: Konrad moves without my telling him to

Post by Integral »

skinback wrote:In at least two scenarios (Seige of Elf*whatsit* and Bay of Pearls) Konrad moves on the first turn without my doing anything. If I don't click on him to move him back to the Keep, he'll continue moving away from the keep through each turn. If I click on him I can see the little feet indicating movement although I haven't specified that he move.

This is normal?

This reminds me .... I've seen a bug that may be related. Sometimes when I recall a unit from a previous scenario it comes with an order already set, just as you mention above (but applying to all units, not just Konrad). My hypothesis has been that maybe my units are "remembering" the last order I gave them (ie, if they hadn't completed an order before the level ended). I haven't actually tested this rigorously. I'll see about posting a save file if I get one. (if I can do it in these awkward Web forums...is there a mailing list I can send it to?)

Daniel
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay I have committed a change which I think will fix this bug.
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Feldegast

Post by Feldegast »

Happens occasionally also for units other than Konrad. Upon game reload, they start with a path to some weird target located deep in the map.