Serious connection issues (and other, minor glitches)

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Marcgal

Serious connection issues (and other, minor glitches)

Post by Marcgal »

Symptoms: The affected user ceases to see updates in the game. From his POV, the game freezes: no more units are moved, other players' turns don't end, other players' messages in chat don't appear on his screen, etc. (even though other players move their units and finish their turns and type in chat). Unaffected users normally see the game's progress and actions of other users. Noticeably, unaffected users see the affected user's messages in chat (even though the affected user can't see what they are typing back).

Attached is the replay when this happened to me (Isar's) and a replay when this, presumably, happened to another player (SXC, player's nick: Pietro)

The SXC replay also shows more minor glitches, namely when an observer had, in chat, the color of a player who was still in control; and also, when the said observer did not appear in the list of observers (obtained by hovering mouse over the eye icon in the top right corner of the game window) even though he did not leave game (as evidenced by him typing in chat).

If that matters: I compiled Wesnoth myself from source. Hope I didn't screw up, but I can't see how could I have.

EDIT: For the lack of logs I am sorry; I wasn't running Wesnoth from the terminal. I might obtain logs if I launch Wesnoth from the terminal and then hunt for this bug however, no time to do this at this moment.

Below is a full report from Wesnoth. BTW: A glitch in the report: My username is "m"; below you can see how "home" gets censored to "hoUSERe"

The Battle for Wesnoth version 1.14.0
Running on Linux Mint 18.1 Serena

Game paths
==========

Data dir: /hoUSERe/USER/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.14.0
User config dir: /hoUSERe/USER/.config/wesnoth
User data dir: /hoUSERe/USER/.local/share/wesnoth/1.14
Saves dir: /hoUSERe/USER/.local/share/wesnoth/1.14/saves
Add-ons dir: /hoUSERe/USER/.local/share/wesnoth/1.14/data/add-ons
Cache dir: /hoUSERe/USER/.cache/wesnoth

Libraries
=========

Boost: 1.58
OpenSSL/libcrypto: 1.0.2g (runtime 1.0.2g)
Cairo: 1.14.6 (runtime 1.14.6)
Pango: 1.38.1 (runtime 1.38.1)
SDL: 2.0.4 (runtime 2.0.4)
SDL_image: 2.0.1 (runtime 2.0.1)
SDL_mixer: 2.0.1 (runtime 2.0.1)
SDL_ttf: 2.0.14 (runtime 2.0.14)

Features
========

Experimental OpenMP support: no
JPG screenshots: no
Lua console completion: yes
Legacy bidirectional rendering: no