Ancient Lich appears as Unknown Unit in a campaign

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
revolting_peasant

Ancient Lich appears as Unknown Unit in a campaign

Post by revolting_peasant »

I'm playing the "Secrets of the Ancients" campaign, which after some point involves Ancient liches (not really a spoiler considering the campaign description).

Anyway, if I right-click Ardonna as an Ancient Lich, and ask for the unit description - I get the description of an Ancient Lich. But - it doesn't appear as an advancement from Lich. If I ask for the unit description for a plain (not) old Lich, I see it can advance into an "Ancient Lich (?)", and when I click that link, it appears to be an Unknown Unit.

I'm not sure whether this is a "campaign bug" or a general bug.

I'm playing version 1.13.10+dev on a Linux x86_64 machine; if you want more platform info please ask.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Ancient Lich appears as Unknown Unit in a campaign

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

Most likely a "campaign bug". I'll see if I can do anything about it.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

This is not a campaign bug. Ardonna is a unique unit, not the usual lich/ancient lich. Regular ancient liches most likely appear as unknown because you haven't encountered them yet. Level up another lich and see if it still appears as unknown.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Even when playing a different campaign, the "Ancient Lich SotA" still appears in the list of units in help.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

BTIsaac wrote: February 25th, 2018, 3:04 pm This is not a campaign bug. Ardonna is a unique unit, not the usual lich/ancient lich. Regular ancient liches most likely appear as unknown because you haven't encountered them yet. Level up another lich and see if it still appears as unknown.
Indeed. Since the only difference from a regular ancient lich is the unit sprite and portrait, what I'm considering is having it trigger discovery of the regular ancient lich.
octalot wrote: February 25th, 2018, 4:09 pm Even when playing a different campaign, the "Ancient Lich SotA" still appears in the list of units in help.
What version of BfW are you using? I can't reproduce this on today's version of the master dev branch. (tested by loaded a SotA save, quitting to the main menu, and starting another campaign or loading another save directly)
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Sorry, I've retested and the extra entry in help only appears when playing SotA itself.
revolting_peasant

Post by revolting_peasant »

SigurdFireDragon wrote: February 25th, 2018, 6:36 pmIndeed. Since the only difference from a regular ancient lich is the unit sprite and portrait, what I'm considering is having it trigger discovery of the regular ancient lich.
I think that's the way to go.